Thread: Methotrexate?

Hybrid View

I know of several people on Methotrexate as I've been a psoriatic arthritis patient for many years and, during my treatments (Remicade-IV drip), you get to talk to others. My brother has it as well and his doctors have chosen Methotrexate as part of his therapy. Since he's on so many things I can't specifically say what effects he's had from that one medication, but he has behavioral issues from some part of his treatment. The only direct effect I know of is the damage to the liver, but that comes with all of the drugs used to treat psoriatic arthritis (and other auto immune disorders). I have chosen not to use Methotrexate. It's a personal choice due to the liver effects. Maybe I'm wrong - who knows?

Good luck with your treatments; let me know if you need to talk to someone who has been travelling this road for a very long time.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I was on Remicade for eight years. I know it's a potentially dangerous drug and it's obscenely expensive, but for me it was a miracle drug that really worked; until my body couldn't take it any longer. One of the reasons I was put on methotrexate was to try to recreate the positive effects of the Remicade with a different combination of drugs.