Thread: ... getting a maltese ?

... getting a maltese ?

Hello

I am thinking about getting a maltese, this cute and lovable white little dog

I'm 15 years old. Do you think I can take care of a little dog? Is having a little dog a BIG responsibility ? All advice will be taken in note ! ........

And I don't know if there is people here who posseds a maltese dog, but if it is your case, I would like to have an idea of the behaviours and the needs of your dogs!

Thanks in advance,

Katherine

It is a big responsibility, it depends on wheather your up for it or not. I was 14-15 when I got MY 1st dog (Ive had another dog, but this one was complety my responsibilty. Its all really depending on the person, i personally couldn't wait, i actually wanted the responsibilty. The main thing a dog needs is love and attention If you have time to take it for walks, play with it, train it, and actually want to, then i'd say your good ;]

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

hey katherine! small world, i live right here in quebec too
    i don't know much about maltese's but if you think your ready for a dog, then go for it

that was real good advice

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I own a lab with my parents and I can just handle the work of dog,walk,school work,hobbies and free time but if you think you can handle a dog and you know about them the go for it and good Luck!

Well, ... All of your advices looks like :
    " If you have a lot of love to give to a dog, you should go for it... "

THANK YOU
    it is very simple but ...... it encourages me !

....................... That's amazing, primabella I live in Québec City, and you ?

Hi! I have a Maltese, Mac, who is the absolute love of my life. If you are thinking of getting a Maltese, I certainly recommend the breed!! They are intelligent, loving, protective.....I could just go on and on!! Please visit my website for more info on Maltese dogs, and good luck!!
    ** Emily, McGwire "Mac" the Maltese & Mei the Shih Tzu **

i have a Maltese also, and she is the sweetest, cutest, most friendly thing on four paws! She LOVES to cuddle but also LOVES to play. she likes to play fetch but u dont need to play very long with her becase those little legs have two work so hard to go just 5 feet! lol i would DEFINATELY recomend the breed.... she is like a all-around kinda breed, she is cuddly and snuggly but active and playful. A stranger is her best friend! she is also very smart. it took us just TWO DAYS to litter box train her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she can also do a lot of tricks, like dance, walk, sit, stay, paw, and lay down. i love her so much!
    GOOD LUCK! TELL US IF U GET ONE! (and post pics!)

~ Jess ~

Hello !

I'm so happy to tell you I will get a maltese in the month of march !!!!!!!!!

All my family is OK in getting a new dog !

I found a maltese breeder in my area and I reserved a male puppy !!! Their puppies are all litter box trained ! The price is reasonable, about $450.

Jessica, thanks a lot, you convinced me and helped me to convince my family !

Angelpuppy, I visited your website. It is fabulous ! I added it to my favorites.

I will send you pictures when I get my little dog !

Once again, thank you !!!!

kath00

omg congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see pics and here about the cute, friendly little dog! Im so Glad i could help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Jess ~

Congratulations on your puppy to be. The things you need to expect to do with him are feeding, bathing, brushing, taking to groomer or learn to cut hair. (I started cutting dog hair when I was about 15--the first cuts were not perfect, but fur grows back quickly and no one got hurt!) Also taking puppy outside a lot and learning manners. Give him lots of safe toys, and play with him. Handle him a lot so he get used to you taking toys and food from him if you need to. You can do it!

It sounds like so much but remember you will have a new best friend who will love you more than anything. Remember to keep him safe in a crate while no one is there to watch him. Little dogs will try to eat anything. My Rosie has tried to eat tissue, paper, plastic and cloth as well as wood! We saved her once when she ate cloth, we had to use ipecac and she was sick and the cloth came back out. If we did not see her eat it, she could have died or needed an operation. Luckily she has grown out of almost all of this behaviour! I hope to see a photo of your puppy posted here when he arrives!

hey congratulations on your imminent arrival! You are so lucky to be able to convince your family!!! I've been pleading for years and years (I'm also fifteen) but so far it's a no go.
    Have you got any names picked out yet? You must be so excited!! Congratulations!