Thread: Life without Twinkies?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I was never a really big fan of Twinkies - but Snowballs and Devil Dogs was another story. Maybe it was a chocolate thing with me. I love chocolate cake, but can do just fine without chocolate candy. I know - I'm weird........
    Oh no! Who makes Funny Bones? Hope it isn't them. Gotta check. Okay Drakes makes them. Whew!

Remember how Archie Bunker loved Twinkies?

I admit I do partake of these type things on occasion. There are times when I just barely make it through the work week and head to the A+ Sunoco for junk food.

We will have to find you a replacement for the Twinkies

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Oh no! Who makes Funny Bones? Hope it isn't them. Gotta check. Okay Drakes makes them. Whew!
    Not so fast, Ms Funny Bones. Drake's is owned by Hostess! I wonder if they will shut down too?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I Loves Zingers Was Always My Favorite.. Special Of The Raspberry.. Hey They Had A Recipe On FB Yesterday Of How To Make Everything.. Its Pretty Simple..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh My! I rarely eat any of those little cakes anymore but I used to eat them alot. It's hard to choose my fav, probably Snowball or Twinkies. I'm diabetic and really shouldnt ever eat them again but they sure did taste good to me. I bought some Twinkies at a bread outlet a month or so ago when clerk said Twinkies etc was closing... thought I'd have some for old times sake... sad for everyone involved. I hope some company takes over and makes all of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Not so fast, Ms Funny Bones. Drake's is owned by Hostess! I wonder if they will shut down too?
    Oh dear. I should have researched this better.

Well, I make a pretty darn good Hershey's cocoa cake from scratch with peanut butter icing.

aww the kiwis will be so disappointed, we have only just been getting all the american candy, including snowballs, twinkies, etc from a store here called united sweets, we get the full range including reeses etc, cannot say i have tried any,but i know my daughters boyfriend just loves those twinkies.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I won't miss any of these sweets because I never ate any of them before. I love sweets but I just never ate any hostess sweets. I'm sure that there are plenty of things out there to help fill the void for all of the people with a sweet tooth.

Don't know if I can live without Snoballs, especially the holiday colored ones. I have a box of globalls, they're orange for Halloween. The rest I could live without.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I read about this on Facebook, what the H*** are Twinkies?? lol

Must be something incredibly delicious when everyone's so upset about this!