Thread: Idiopathic Interstitial Cystitis (Ranty)

Hybrid View

Oh Snakemama, please don't blame yourself. When things weren't quite right you took Charlie to the vet, that's what caring and responsible pet purrents do. It sounds like your new vet knows what he's doing and doesn't want to make things worse for Charlie by stressing her out. I'm sure with time and patience Charlie will be an affectionate little love muffin again. Please give her some reassuring lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I had a foster cat with this. The vet proscribed glucosamine and chondroitin, which apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. Lacey did very well on it, and has not had a flareup in years. She's 16 years old.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thank you everyone. Charlie's urine is almost totally back to normal now (I never thought I'd be thankful to have a cat who peed in the sink!). I'm still sad to think of how much unneccessary stuff I put her through, but hopefully my good intentions will outweigh her trauma in the end. Last night she played with the "Da Bird" toy when it was out, even leaping to catch it a couple of times, so I think she's feeling pretty good.

Smokey, I googled the use of glucosamine and chondroitin in FIC cats after I saw your post and found a lot of good info that says it might help, so I'll be buying her some "hip action" treats tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!! Any excuse to give them more treats is a good one!