Thread: I helped a little dog yesterday!!!!!

I helped a little dog yesterday!!!!!

Last night at around 7:00Pm my little brother came home and told me that a little dog was following him and his friend around the neighborhhod and tring to get into his friends house. So of course I immediately ask him to bring me to the dog.

It was a gray and white Shih Tzu. He was very friendly and looked well cared for. He had a short hair cut, was pleasently plump ect. So I picked him up and brought him to my house to look at his tags (yes he did have tags) and to my surprise it said he lived in Maryland and his name was Harper. So we tried the phone number but no one answered. So we decided someone probably was visiting for Thanksgiving and lost him.

So I knew I couldn't leave him to run the street. It very cold out, large dogs, Foxes, and cars, who nows what. So I put a leash on him and asked him to show me were he lived. He immediately pulled me down the street, down a driveway and up a walk way right to the front door of a house. He sat down and started to bark. So I knocked and knocked and no one answered. So I took Harper back to my house.

While standing outside I heard someone whistling and Harper started to pull. So back we went down the road towards the whistling and there was two people frantically looking for something. They saw me with Harper and yelled "Hey there he is" and I asked them if they were missing something.

They were VERY happy to see him, and Harper was happy to see them. They asked how long I had him. (about 30min) I told them that Harper was following the kids all around. And they said "We though so" And unhooked the leash and lt him loose again!!. So what I can gather is they let him loose to go to the bathroom without watching him They said "Thanks so much" and walked back to the house NEXT to were the dog THOUGHT he was staying at (In my neighborhood all the houses look the same) so they left before I could give them a peice of my mind!!

How could you let your dogs loose in a place it doesn't even know? Your asking for it to get lost/killed.

oh well, At least he found his owners and could go inside and get warm. Just some people are just so stupid!!!!!

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Those people should be glad that they got lucky *this time*. I don't even want to think about how many times it will take until they really regret their stupidity. I'm glad for your sake & the pups that you found his owner's!!

Asleep at the wheel

I don't think some people have their thinking caps on half the time. They may have just forgotten he was outside. Maybe they got distracted. I know I sometimes forget about Gabe the cat, when he is outside. He is pretty good about staying in the yard now, but every now and then he disappears - usually into the garage, but it scares the heck out of me. Dogs are more prone to wandering I suspect.

Anyway, my amazement is that they didn't seem too appreciative and they sort of took it for granted that he would reappear. There is an unlimited supply of dumb bells out there and you happened to have saved one (two) and their dog, this time!

Thanks for being such a good neighbor and dog lover.

this is the time when helping is more frustrating than rewarding....but even though the owners are stupid and we all know that this will happen again in the future, you can feel GOOD for doing the right thing......congratulations

I am glad that you were there to help Harper find his way home! I just can't believe the woners though!! What idiots.

That was a wonderful, caring thing to do for this little
    dog. Thank you for helping him

It makes me wonder though, if these people had to ask
    you how long you had the dog, then maybe they didn't
    even keep track of him when he was out & in a strange
    neighborhood too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congrats to you for saving Harper! Some owners just shouldn't be!