Thread: Ding-Dong...Bark bark

Ding-Dong...Bark bark

Every time the doorbell rings in reallife or on TV my dog goes crazy. She starts barking and then all the other dogs start barking and she wont stop. Does anyone else have this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know that a lot of dogs are scared of the doorbell. I work for a pet sitting service and when we go to meet the owner and the pets, we never ring the doorbell because usually cats and dogs don't like it. So we knock instead.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Smokey and PC are totally like that.
    I was watching a movie late at night once and they were having a dinner party and the door bell kept ringing and Smokey kept barking so I kept muting it.
    Same thing one night on Conan O'Brien they were "dinging" something so I kept timing the mutes...

My dogs just bark a few times and run to the door to see who it is. They're not scared of it so I don't worry about it much. There is a Pizza Hut commercial with a doorbell in it and they always run to the door when that commercial comes on, hehe
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

LOUD Louie IS our door bell!

if you watch the show "good dog U" on animal planet, this morning they did a whole episode on barking. at the beginning they talked about a dog that went crazy when the doorbell rang. here's what the host did to help her out:

you have to stay with your dog, a few feet from the door and have someone else help you do it. your friend should be outside, and ringing the doorbell. meanwhile, your going to be inside, with a leash on your dog and you should be crouched down at the same height as your dog. when your friend rings the doorbell, and your dog starts barking, pull gently on the leash and say, "no". repeat and each day, move closer to the door.

hope this helps..good luck

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

thanks

My dog barks when somebody knocks too! So every time someone bangs into wood two or three times she goes crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oh..he's so cute! what breed?

from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.

Not Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by primabella
    ..............you have to stay with your dog, a few feet from the door and have someone else help you do it. your friend should be outside, and ringing the doorbell. meanwhile, your going to be inside, with a leash on your dog and you should be crouched down at the same height as your dog. when your friend rings the doorbell, and your dog starts barking, pull gently on the leash and say, "no". repeat and each day, move closer to the door.

hope this helps..good luck

Did it say what to do when the dog is smart enough to know the leash is off??? Louie went through "Leash Training" ad "Uncle Matty"..... Could it be that he is just SPOILED?

lol well, your supposed to have your dog in the sit position through the whole thing, with one hand on his chest. i don't know...i got this from the "experts" on animal planet