Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sally Got Into Some Nasty Fluid

Sally Got Into Some Nasty Fluid

Sally got into some laundry thing that smells exactly like gasoline because my sister let her in the laundry room and did not watch her and it spilt on her. Now, two baths later, she still smells like the horrible fluid. I don't know how to get it off of her! Does anyone have any suggestions on any kind of cat shampoo or spray or anything that can remove the smell? I'm afraid it is still on her fur and if she licks it she will get sick.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Time for a cat bath. You can get shampoo for her at any pet supply place. The sooner the better - she's probably not happy about smelling that way either! How undignified!

Look at the container of fluid for a name and number to call

I would first find out if the fluid is harmful. They usually supply you with an 800 number or if not, atleast the contents of the liquid. I would take it seriously, but not over react. If you find the substance is lethal, then by all means take Ms. Sally to a vet ASAP unless you are sure it hasn't seeped into her skin.... But the first thing I would do is to identify the liquid.

Keep us posted.

Alright, I found the fluid. It is Rawlings Glovolium Glove Treatment. It is the stuff my dad uses on his baseball glove. OMG...Harmful or fatal if swallowed. If swallowed do not induve vomiting. Call a physician at once. Contents are COMBUSTABLE.( ) That is all it says. It also says it repels water, oh god does that mean it will repel the water on her fur, so it will never come off? My dad says he does not want to run out to the sore to get shampoo, will dog shampoo work? It has an adress on the bottle as well, but no 800 #. I just want to know if dog shampoo works right now so I can seewhat kind of stuff I can use to get this off of her. Nobody seems to be taking this seriously except my mom and I, and my mom is not home.

What is the name of the manufacturer?

Hurry

I would use regular shampoo if you don't have cat shampoo

I would wash that kitty and the place where the fluid hit, with shampoo and warm water, quickly.

I found the stuff on the internet. I could find nothing about an antedote, but I would just try to wash the spot really thoroughly.

Rawlings I'm pretty sure.

Alright I'm on it.

I just gave her a bath using shampoo and everything. She smells like shampoo now, but we have to wait until she dries to see.

Good Job!

I just called Rawlings....636-349-3500 and there was no answer beyond the initial answering service. Maybe they are still celebrating...

I think she will be fine assuming you have washed away all the evil fluid. Cats have pretty sturdy stomachs.... but I would keep an eye on her and of course, give her ONE more bath if you still smell the fluid.

Keep us posted deary. You are a good MOM!

Executive Office
    Rawlings Sporting Goods Co., Inc.
    P.O. Box 22000
    St. Louis, MO 63126

Customer Service:
    800-RAWLING = 1-800-729-5464

Web Site =
    www.Rawlings.com
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

This may be a little late, as you've already washed her, but if the stuff is oily, always rub in the shampoo first!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

you might try some tomato juice -the same stuff that is used to take skunk odor out of pets, and cars, and whatever else. What is worrying me about that chemical is that it is used to penetrate hide and leather goods. I might penetrate her skin also . Although it may not cause her to get sick since it is wahed off , it might, on the otherhand, cause a sore spot on her skin.

............wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 11-29-2002 at 12:49 PM.

The customer service #

Phred, I tried and started with the 800 # then got referred by a real person, to the number above. Once I called the other number, there was never a human being from that point on or an answer to the ringing!

Unless we hear horrible things about poor Ms. Sally, I bet her MOM has taken care of the situation. Thanks for the information though. Maybe Sally's Mom will need it anyway!

I never really think about cats spilling things on themselves.

While I was typing this, Gabe knocked over a glass, glass in the bathroom, into the basin and it shattered into a million pieces. So I had to clean it up pronto, knowing that he would try to lick the water. I have since replaced it with a plastic glass. What was I thinking! Cats get everywhere!

You might also be able to get oily liquids out of the coat with Palmolive dish soap. It is gentle, we use it at the grooming shop all the time. But it must be rinsed very well.