Went back this morning and not only was all the food gone, the paper plate had bite marks in it and it was as clean as when I took it out of the cupboard! Needless to say, I brought the plate home, filled it again and headed back. Set the food out and waited.......nothing.....drat! Checked the food later, still there. Checked again a little later still there. Checked about 8:00 tonight and not only is the food gone, he's sitting there meowing at me again! But I didn't have more food on me, so again I couldn't get close. Ran home and got some food, by the time I got back he was gone - double drat! Elusive little bugger! Left the food and I'll check on him again in the morning. He'll soon figure out there's regular food there and then maybe I'll be able to catch him. Good news is he didn't look near as scrawny as he did yesterday, so maybe the food I'm giving him is providing nutrition, but maybe it's providing energy also so he can scrounge for food better on his own - hopefully. That way if I can't get him, at least I know he's able to take care of himself.

I hate this! It's really heartbreaking and very stressful.

Cute little shit.......: