Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my two little kittens...

I have to agree so much with what everyone says, PLEASE PLEASE re-consider your decision to de claw your kitten,it is mutilation in my opinion and thank goodness it is illegal in the country where i live, i wish it were so everywhere,so many other options, i would never put my darling kitties that i love so much through anything so traumatic,all for the sake of my furniture being ruined, to me it is like well don't have kitties if it bothers you so much, it is all part and parcel of owning a cat, and like i said consider other options first.

Apart from that WELCOME to PET TALK, we are a nice bunch and only have grave concerns for the kitties being put through this,imagine having your own fingernails pulled out, ouch.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Our procedure is to vaccinate ALL kittens for FeLV (not FIV) their first year, then revisit the need for it on a yearly basis. If they remain indoor cats EXCLUSIVELY, they do not need the vaccine. If there is EVER a chance of them getting outside (yes, even "every now and then she'll bolt out of the front door but usually comes back 5 minutes later" constitutes as outdoor exposure).

Every kitten is ELISA snap tested for FeLV/FIV. If positive, we will retest them 6 months later as maternal antibodties can give a false positive. Then we will vaccinate ALL kittens for FeLV with a booster in 2-4 weeks and revisit the need for FeLV on a yearly basis. My understanding is the FIV vaccines aren't very reliable so none of the clinics in this area really use them.

Please don't be overwhelmed or offended by the replies in this thread. There are just so many misconceptions about declawing that everyone here just wants to make sure you are making the best and most informed decision for you and your pets. I would never personally declaw any of my pets; HOWEVER, if declawing a cat means the difference between that cat having a home vs being put back in the shelter........ I'm ok with it. Do what you feel is best for your situation, all I ask is that you make the decision as informed as possible and after you have exhausted all other options first.

EDIT: I notice this thread is 2 months old...

facebook