Hello! Long time, no chat. :-)

I apologize for not updating you all sooner. My grandmother passed away so I've been away from my computer for a while.

Greta is doing very well. She's eating well and her ribs aren't poking out anymore. She was FeLV/FIV negative so that's great news. She was not spayed, but that's been taken care of.

I had no luck finding any owners and I must confess that I was relieved. I had no clue what I would do if they were horrible people.

I decided NOT to keep her, though. She is such a love, but so easily adoptable, so I felt it best just to foster for a while and keep my home available for a special needs kitty when the right feline comes along. Hubby and I will just foster until after the holidays, but are going to be working on trapping some possible ferals near an ice cream shop down the road.

Greta has found a great mom, by the way. I work at the HSUS and one of my co-workers moved to the area about a year ago and has decdied a few months ago that she wanted to add a kitty to her home. When I told her about Greta, she was interested. When I brought her here to meet Greta, she was in love. LOL! After the Thanksgiving holiday, she'll be going to her new forever home. I'll miss her terrible, but she'll be loved immensely and I'll get to hear updates all the time since I work with her new Mommy. Isn't that great?!?!

I have a pic I took of Greta & her Mom but I have to dog around and find it. I'll post it shortly.

Thanks for asking! By the way, if you guys want to see my furbutts, you can go to http://www.greatgoldens.com and they are there. Right now, I am loved by three goldens.

We may be opening our home to a FeLV+ kitty after the holidays, but hubby and I have to think long and hard about it. It means no healthy kitties here, but it also means that if there were ever other FeLV+ kitties in need of a home, I could take them in where most people couldn't. There is a local rescue that took in a cat and everyone is just amazed by this guy. After the vet told them he was FeLV+, it was too late. They were all already hooked so they are doing their best to find him a home instead of euthanizing him. I'll find the pic of him, too. I took some at their last adoption day.

-Missy