Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Artika"

"Artika"

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this forum, wanted to introduce you to my newest acquisition "Artika". She's a female mix, Shih Tzu/Spaniel/Poodle with a personality to match!!!! Artika's 9 months old, inquisitive by nature, obedient but stuborn, adorable and vain, playful and just plain fun. Her first taste of snow came last weekend, between biting, leaping, jumping, growling and biting this newest nature blanket, she loved frolicking about. She's my protector, follows me everyone. On those days when you are suffering pain, she encourages me to rise and shine, greet the day with a friendly smile and walk off the pain. She's the best medicine a physician could order. My volunteer work with the Peterborough Humane Society in Ontario Canada, has offered me the opportunity to raise money to those who are really in need. At Xmas time we often forget those animals who will be placed in danger, abandoned, abused or seeking someone to love them.

I am so looking forward to hearing from all of you pet lovers.

Hi Nancy Anne! A big welcome to Pet Talk, and to Artika as well. Thank you for sharing all about her...can't wait to hear more stories. Do you have pictures of her?? We would love to see pics. She sounds beautiful. I hope you enjoy it here!

Welcome Nancy Anne! With 18 rescue dogs of our own, my husband and I fully agree with your last statement. And as for dogs making you feel better...there is no better treatment!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Re: "Artika"

A very warm welcome Nancy Anne,
    Glad you and Artika found this web site.
    I agree our dogs are our best medicine.

----<---<--<{(@

welcome to pet talk!
    hope to see pics of your artika soon

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

My little "woof" from Artika

Hi Everyone:

Receiving your responses, included with photos of your babies, what could be better!!!! Planning to scan a few photos of artika for viewing here. I'm just as excited to share them with all of you, as you are to view them.

A little history on Artika which I would like to share. Artika was advertised by the breeder at a pet store. I had given considerable thought to either adopting a small dog or purchasing one, I opted for the latter. I contacted the number on the advertisement only to be informed the dog had been sold. The breeder was interested in obtaining a good home for the dog. Within 3 weeks, I received a telephone call from the breeder inquiring whether I was still interested in purchasing a dog. Would you believe fate stepped in, because "Artika" whom I wanted in the first place was sold to someone else, only later to come back to her rightful home. I couldn't have been happier. I have been doting over her ever since. As she is my protector I am hers. She so precious to me, there are no words to describe my love and adoration of her. I do believe she was met to be with me, through a miracle she came back to me. We have been partners in crime...LOL every since.

Sometimes it is just destiny that an animal and human are to be together. They will find one another, despite the obstacles or journeys they must travel. There are wonderful examples of that here at Pet Talk. This is also a good place to share the NAWTEEDAWG stories that simply must be told. It sounds as if Artika could be a source for at least one or two.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Hello and Welcome To Pet Talk!! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious dog Artika!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Welcome to PT Nancy Anne and Arkita! I'm sure you will love it here!

i have 2 lab mixes, Cincy and Sadie

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Hey Welcome to Pet talk. Can't wait to hear some more about Artika.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

WElCOME TO PET TALK. I hope you like it here.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Welcome to PT! and Hi to Artika too.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Hi Nancy Anne & Artika.......WELCOME!!!

Amy

Artika's corner!

Hi Everyone:

Thank you for all your warm introductions, especially your beautiful pets. The names selected are sweet, uniquely different and makes for interesting conversation.

Artika is resting by my feet. If I move from room to room, she's nipping at my heels, obviously craving attention. She's precious in every sense of the word.

I've scanned photos, but having difficulty putting them on this forum. If anyone could offer assistance, I've read the instructions for doing so here at the forum, but still having problems. Why can't life be more simpler...guess that's what makes having a pet so special, they have a way of making life easier to bare....LOL

Talk to you all again soon.

You might want to put your pictures in a photo album at www.imagestation.com and then you should be able to post them here like this
    Last edited by Rachel; 12-04-2002 at 06:07 AM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France