Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graham passed with flying colors!!!

Graham passed with flying colors!!!

Do you mind if I boast? I sure hope not.

Graham had an audition for a canine performance group called "Rock & Roll K-9s" and he did a PERFECT job with the audition and we were accepted into the group tonight They do tons of shows each month and we get to choose which days and time slots we are able to participate in and sign our dogs up. I don't know if there are any Michigan people on the board, but if so, the shows going on now are held at the Novi Expo Center in Novi. If anyone wants info on our showtimes let me know and I'll give you the times that we will be on stage. You can see Graham and I preforming to cool oldies Rock & Roll music!

Yay, I am so excited! I do have stagefright so it will be a good opportunity for me to overcome fear of public performance

In case anyone did not read my previous post on the Rock & Roll K9 group, it's a fun group that preforms different things like relay races with obsticles similar to agility (jumps, a-frame, tunnels, tables) but the obsticles are not up to AKC standards...they are set low and decorated in a 1950's - 1960's style. They have high jump competitions, musical carpet (just like musical chairs except for squares of carpet instead of chairs, and as soon as the music stops, the owners have to be quick to put their dog in a down a square of carpet...the last dog left wins). They also have flyball, frisbee catching, and some other stuff to participate in.

Leslie & Graham <------EXCITED!!!

I'll let you know how it goes. Friday is my first show.

CONGRADULATIONS Leslie and Graham, wow that sounds like such fun. Too bad you don't perform out here in California I would love to see that, I think Graham deserves a few extra treats for that great accomplishment.
    Jackie

WOW!! I never heard of that. That sounds like so much fun!! Congratulations. Graham will be a star!(and we'll be able to say that "we knew him when")!! I wish we could see it. Have a great time!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Congratulations Graham and Leslie! That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could come see you guys! Good luck on Friday. Tell us how it turns out. I am sure you'll both do great!

Hi Graham, it's me, Hannah, the blond you met in Illinois. Of course you passed your audition, because you are a superstar in the making. And now everyone will get to see how handsome and talented you are. I am so proud to know you and I treasure the time we spent together; however, I know this means that you will meet many other pretty girls. I hope you and your mommie have lots of fun. Don't forget to flash them your famous smile.
    signed Hannah

Wow!! What a great honor, Graham and Leslie!! I hope you will have someone to take pictures, so we can see you dancing!! Congratulations!!!!!

Logan

GRAHAM U WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE "LAUGHING" DOG! THAT WONDERFUL PICTURE OF YOU LAUGHING MAKES ME LAUGH ON HAPPY DAYS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ON SAD DAYS. YOU AND LESLIE WILL PERFORM SUPREMELY JUST LIKE THE "SUPREMES". BOTH MOLLY G AND I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, COME TO THE "DAM" STATE OF WASHINGTON AND PUT YOUR SHOW ON FOR US!!! OR WE MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL TO MICHIGAN. ROLL OVER BEATHOVEN HERE COMES GRAHAM! LOVE YOU!

Congratulations!!! That is soooooooooooooooooo exciting. There was a lady at last year's Newfoundland Nationals that did a dance demonstration with her Newf.

It was wonderful, and I cried happy tears through the whole thing. Dogs just evoke that deep emotion from within my soul....

Would love to see this sometime!

Annie
    CoraKiraand Sadie Mae

Star Light Star Bright
    I wish I may I wish I might
    See our Sadie's Star tonight

How exciting! I wish I lived closer to you, I'd love to see the show. I'm about 10 hours away, driving. All you guys amaze me. Your dogs are so well trained. The best thing Hans does is give a paw and FRITZ STILL WON'T SIT
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Wow!!!!! Oh Leslie! I couldn't be happier for you and the beautiful Graham!!! That sounds like such fun! And I can relate to you on the stage fright issue too! I wish so badly you were closer so I could see you guys in action! I hope someone you know will take pics. for all of us to see! GO GRAHAM!!! That is so fantastic! You must be so proud! Give the winning boy a big hug and kiss! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Go Graham!!! One of our special doggies is famous! Who knows where this will take you sweetie Graham...maybe your own talk show on Animal Planet! Wish I could see it too. Hope there will be pictures posted!

Leslie

How exciting for you and Graham.
    Congratulations, you both will
    do fine. Have a great time on Friday.

----<---<--<{(@

Thanks everyone...I am nervous/excited. I have 1 show on Friday after work, 2 on Saturday and 1 (sofar) on Sunday. My hubby can't go to the one on Friday but I will have my mom there taking pictures with MY NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!! He will go to both of the Saturday shows and he'll also take pictures of us. KayAnn....I am actually going to USE my new camera almost a full month after I got the camera I am using it for nearly the first time....and I'm not even going to be the one taking pictures Oh well, you'll hopefully get to see some of the really cute set they have with the '50's & '60's theme. Maybe some cute jump, tunnel, a-frame or musical rug pictures of Graham.

And as for the dancing....um I don't do that I am not much of a dancer so I won't be doing freestyle (becides Graham has never been trained for it) so you can count me out on the dancing part I'll leave that up the the coordiated folks I will do just about anything else except flyball, because Graham is not too ball driven and he has never learned flyball.

We may take a stab at the high jump, but he would not last too long before he hits his high jump limit. I will hopefully have pictures to show you all after this weekend

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

Here's my super star in action
    Here he is waiting in his cage for his turn to strut his cute stuff.

A closer picture of his beautiful smile.

Here his is going through the GrandPrix race. It's not a great picture, you can hardly see him, but if you look hard you can.

And this is a picture of us getting ready to depart back stage, after we circled the arena and bid farewell to the audience.

Leslie, it looks like you and Graham had a great time. Congratulations!!!! What fun!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)