Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
You ignored Catty1's post:

"Catty1
I did a wee Google search and BK says it has ended its "indirect" association with this company."

The higher ups at that farm are responsible. The direct supervisors in any abuse situation - whether it be the church, college - whatever - it is THEIR responsibility. In the case of farms, the county and the state have oversight and should also be responsible.

Companies that employ sweatshops are another matter entirely. They hire the factory, and whoever makes that decision is responsible for making a good and carefully researched decision, and for inspections from time to time.

Do you know what goes on at every single farm in your county? How about in all of Ohio? In the MidWest? In the country? I doubt it, but I am sure like me, if you witnessed or suspected abuse, you would report it to the proper governing board, as would I.
I was responding to your post, not Cattys. I dont know what goes on at any farm, but I do imagine the worst, not the best. I would hold everyone in the chain responsible and dont like the idea of turning a blind eye, claiming some level of remove from the situation because *I* didnt actually do deed complained of. That sounds a bit juvenile of a defense.

If you are an end product user, you have an obligation to know from whom/what you are buying, or suffer the fallout. "It wasnt me" doesnt cut it.