Thread: Comet was a bad boy...

Comet was a bad boy...

My son said Comet was in the dog house yesterday. Apparently they, my son and wife, went away for the afternoon and left Comet out of his crate. (Ohhh they are so young and naive)

Well, apparently Comet got bored and chewed up a decorative scarecrow and also got into a potted plant.

I explained to the kids that although Comet is a big boy, he is still a puppy at heart. They do love him so much and just want to do the right thing for him. I told them he was most likely bored with them being away for 3 or 4 hours.

This morning I asked if Comet was out of the dog house yet and received this photo...A very big bone to keep him from chewing things that are not his.

Name:  10-12-12.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  85.6 KB

Awww, Comet! I think your people love you a LOT and I am one of your many fans too! Happylabs, how old is Comet? He's so sweet!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Awww, Comet! I think your people love you a LOT and I am one of your many fans too! Happylabs, how old is Comet? He's so sweet!
    He is a little over a year old. When my son adopted him in July he was about 10 months old. I know I have said this many times but I just cannot believe someone would give him up and take him to the SPCA. He is such a nice dog and my son needed him in his life. A boy (man) and his dog ...

I guess Comet is OUT of the dog house!

My Jamie is 7 1/2 years old and try as we might to make sure everything is put up, she will STILL somehow find things to get into while we're gone!! She's simmered down on that a bit over the last year or two, but NOW we crate her while we're gone because if we don't, we come home to find her in the crate, anyway. We figure it's like a safety blanket for her, she feels safe and secure in there. It's funny though, she has our routine down so well that if we even go through the motions of getting ready to leave (even if we aren't going to leave, ie, take a shower or blow dry my hair), she will put herself in her crate!!

Another reason we crate her, too, is she is on DES (diethylstilbestrol) life-long for urinary incontinence... since we're renting a condo I don't want to take a chance at her peeing if we're gone too long... add prednisone on top of that for her seasonal allergies and she's a peeing machine lately!!!

Jamie would sure love a big bone like that, though!!!!!

facebook