Several days ago, I noticed that Malone has these two big bumps on the outside of his mouth, and one of them was bleeding. It is apparently because his lips are two big, curl under, and then get caught in his teeth. Poor pupper! Mark talked to the vet today, and she said that she has seen it before, but never has she heard of it breaking the skin. So I'm still a little concerned about that. But she also said that mostly likely when he is 8-9 months he will grow into his lips. If not, then minor surgery can be done to correct it. Meanwhile we are just watching to make sure that it doesn't become pussy or infected. It looks so painful, but it doesn't seem to bother him or anything. He still likes to chew (on everything!) and he doesn't whine or anything like that. I just hope it doesn't become very serious!!!

Also, we went looking for another parakeet tonight....nothing will ever "replace" my Azure, but Rilla looks so lonely in her cage now. Before we get another, though, I am looking for another cage because I will want to keep them in separate cages for a month or so, just to make sure the new bird is healthy and everything.

It feels so long since I've been able to post on here very much...work and life have me stretched as far as I can go. So tonight, I'm just sitting back and BREATHING!