Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
To avoid tummy upset when switching foods, you need to slowly transition her from old to new over the course of a few weeks. We tell clients week 1: 3/4 old, 1/4 new. Week 2: 1/2 old, 1/2 new. Week 3: 1/4 old, 3/4 new. Week 4: all new!

Personally, I've switched my dogs over "cold turkey" before with little to no problems (sometimes you run out of food or emergencies happen!!!). It depends on the dog... it isn't HARMFUL to them if you don't transition them slowly, but you will avoid diarrhea (unless their system is VERY sensitive). Since you're giving her "people food" with no problems, I would assume she doesn't have such a sensitive tummy.
well i got some lamb and rice dog food tonight we shall see if that helps....if she will just stop the feet licking i will feel like we r making progress lol.....she actually tried playing tonight b4 she went back to her bed....also trying to keep her meds on a consistent every 12 hours apart she has about 3 days left of meds and if she isn't better by then i will be taking her back to the vet....