Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catnip toys!!

Catnip toys!!

All my cats love anything that has catnip in, Toby doesn't eat catnip but he would play with his toy catnip toy mouse. Sabrina and Joey like eating catnip. They go nuts for that stuff, it makes my cats go wild after they eat that stuff. Does anyone else buy there cats catnip toy mouse and do they co crazy when they are playing. Do they like eating catnip?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

my cats love catnip. I like to buy the handmade baby booties or other catnip filled squares that our shelters make for fund raising. The cats lick them until they are soaking wet or they chew on a corner until they make a hole. Needless to say, i go through a lot of toys that way.

catnip is a type of hemp and hemp is a kind of cannabis

(i know this from my horticulture class )

during a friend's chemo treatment her cat would sample the pot she had on hand for the nausea.... same results--running frantic
    cat. The funny part was the preamble to the running, a stretch, with the aerodynamic ears and the huge pupils...and all around the room....

Originally posted by RICHARD
    catnip is a type of hemp and hemp is a kind of cannabis

(i know this from my horticulture class )...

??? Maybe I'm being too literal here (not a first...) but catnip belongs to the mint family, not hemp???
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

3 of my cats love catnip, but my abyssinian could care less about it. He will sniff the catnip toy and walk away. This is the first cat that I've had that doesn't react to catnip.

Toby, he likes Catnip toys but he wouldn't eat catnip. He just it and walk away but my two cats like eating catnip. Sabrina she won't play with a catnip toy at all. There are some cats that don't like that stuff and then are some who love that stuff.

correction....

amberlee,

i stand corrected........i remember a run on catnip toys once when
    it was thought that smoking catnip would get you high.....they are similar in growth....

i was playing with catnip on that day....

I purhcased a catnit ball, that comes apart and you fill the inside with catnip. Of all of my furkids, only about 3 of them like the stuff. Otherwise they don't bother to play with it.

..........wayne

My Maya is also going berserk when I give her a new catnip mouse !! She takes it between her front paws , and tries to pull the head of ........... ! Poor mousie ..................;;

Baby doesn't care about catnip but she is still a kitten. Minnie didn't like it either when she was a kitten but now she loves it. She has a little pillow with Catnip in it and she licks it to death and then rolls around on it. It is hilarious..

Kittens to respond to catnip as they get older then they react to catnip. I heard that catnip wasn't good for kittens that you shouldn't give catnip to kittens until they are adults.

Originally posted by I_love_cats
    Kittens to respond to catnip as they get older then they react to catnip. I heard that catnip wasn't good for kittens that you shouldn't give catnip to kittens until they are adults.
    I heard that too, and it was a real struggle to find cat toys for Cassy and Sassy when they were kittens. Both developed into real catnip lovers, though. Now it is a real treat at our home to have catnip parties for the 'kids'.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I heard that the reason not to give catnip to kittens had to do with them choking on the dryness of the substance...so to give it to them in little doses...

Jupiter loooooves catnip... I don't have any pics of him playin in it (YET) ...
    Tinky likes it o.k. ..... I think she has become immune to it... but I have a pic of her ...

Tinky and catnip rabbit...
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

home grown 'nip

We grow our own catnip in our back yard. All of our cats enjoy sitting in the plants, rolling on it and eating the leaves. Its a perennial that comes back if the winter isn't too cold (and our winter's are usually pretty mild).

We've made our own catnip toys by drying the leaves and filling old socks.

Our cats are very spoiled.