Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dancing with the Stars - "All Stars" Cast

I was pleased with the results this week. At least it made the teams remain the same since that person wasn't picked on a team to begin with. Oops! Hee hee. Oh, sorry..............
    I am looking forward to the Gangnam style dance. That video just cracks me up and the tune is catchy, even when you can't speak the language. Now, the other song (call me maybe) I can't STAND that song! So I'm not looking forward to that one. So sad.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I wanted to trade places with Shawn Johnson tonight and walk down the ballroom stairs with Mark Ballas and Derek Hough! Woo-hoo! They're too young for me but I enjoy watching both of them dance. I missed most of the actual dancing because I was doing other things, but I DVR'd it.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

She's been doing such a great job all season, I was glad to see her perfect score last night!

A side story about Shawn Johnson - there is a high school boy I know really well, who has been in some plays I directed and whose family has become good friends of mine. The family was flying out of the Des Moines airport this summer to the east coast. The flight was overbooked, and there was one seat short, and this family was at the end of the line. They were told that one of them would have to sit in first class, where there was an open seat, so Ian's parents told him to take the first class seat. So they boarded the plane, and Ian was sitting up front, but his parents could still see him from where they were sitting. He hadn't paid any attention to who was next to him, but suddenly, after the flight is underway, he gets a text from his dad - "Is that Shawn Johnson sitting next to you?" Sure enough, it was, and he had a ball chatting with her the whole way.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Arnold View Post
    She's been doing such a great job all season, I was glad to see her perfect score last night!

A side story about Shawn Johnson - there is a high school boy I know really well, who has been in some plays I directed and whose family has become good friends of mine. The family was flying out of the Des Moines airport this summer to the east coast. The flight was overbooked, and there was one seat short, and this family was at the end of the line. They were told that one of them would have to sit in first class, where there was an open seat, so Ian's parents told him to take the first class seat. So they boarded the plane, and Ian was sitting up front, but his parents could still see him from where they were sitting. He hadn't paid any attention to who was next to him, but suddenly, after the flight is underway, he gets a text from his dad - "Is that Shawn Johnson sitting next to you?" Sure enough, it was, and he had a ball chatting with her the whole way.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.
    That is so cool!!!

I was very upset with last week's elimination. I thought they should have not kicked anyone off last week if they felt the East Coast tragedy had affected the voting. But I know the reason they aren't kicking anyone off this week is because of the elections (or at least that's what I think).
    I would like to see Kelly and Kirstie be the next ones to go. Kelly is just annoying with her infatuation of Val. It's sick. This is a family show!! And while I really do like Kirstie, she just isn't at the same level dance-wise as the rest of them.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm disappointed with the outcome. I won't say who won because I don't want to be a spoiler. [] won, [] finished second and I think it should have been the other way around. I'm not happy with how it turned out. I think [] should have won .
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I agree completely, but it's their own fault. They purposely chose a dance to repeat on Monday night that they knew the judges didn't like, but that the audience loved. They got knocked down in points not because they could have done better but because they broke the rules for that particular dance, and they got knocked down again. The other two picked dances that they believed they could improve, and they did.

The second place couple "threw it away" because they thought the viewer votes would carry them, even though they knew they'd get knocked down again. It was kind of an in-your-face decision.

That said, the second place finisher was the one I'd been rooting for all season and absolutely had the best free-style dance and the best instant dance, as the scores reflect. It was a heartbreaker, that's for sure. They were the best by a mile. But it's their own fault. They should have chosen a different dance to repeat on Monday night, and shouldn't have openly said they were disregarding the judges' points.

At any rate, all three couples were amazing last night, what a finale, it was a terrific end to a terrific season; the outcome takes nothing away from the fact that the dancing was absolutely at the top of the game by everyone.

I am totally delighted

I am also pleased with the outcome. I am glad those two couples were the final two.