Thread: Question about litter training a kitten

Hybrid View

Any time I bring a new little kitten home I just put him/her in the litter box as soon as I get them home. If they jump right out, I try it again in about 15 minutes. Eventually they'll have to go, and if they are in the litter box when they're feeling the urge, they'll figure it out real quick.

That's what Boo did when I brought her home last week. She jumped right out of the litter box the first time I put her in it, but the next time I put her in it, about 15 minutes later, she was more interested and she used it the way it was meant to be used. I made sure that she knew how to get to that room before I let her run around the house on her own for very long. She hasn't had an accident at all............

ALL of my cats have been like that.....I've never had one that didn't just instinctively use it when they needed to when I put them in it at the right time..........after the first time using it, they just kept on doing it.................

Good luck............
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

What an adorable baby. And a CHer too. God bless you for taking her in and loving her.

Prayers and good wishes that the litterbox problem is solved shortly. That suggestion to shut her in the bathroom with her food and water and box sounds like a good one to try.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks for the suggestions. She was doing really well for about a week and now she is back to doing the same old thing. I keep her with me most of the time so I can "catch" her but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I think I am going to have to re-do the bathroom...