Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet my new fella...

Meet my new fella...

I said “MY” new fella, because Sophie doesn’t want anything to do with this little guy…

Poor thing started coming to our home some months ago, I thought he was giving Sophie a hard time and being bully with her and I used to make noises to scare him off, but then I realized it was HER who got extremely mad and dramatic every time he was around because he never did anything, so now I just keep the door closed and let the little guy hang around in the laundry area -especially on rainy evenings- and try to distract Sophie to keep her away from him.

I also leave food and water for him every night and before leaving for work every morning (I even bought him his own food)…. And I always find the plate empty!

I’ve never touched him, he's always scared and shy, but he doesn’t run away anymore when he sees me, maybe one of these days I’ll get to pet him

I don’t know where is he from, I think he’s homeless because he looks very skinny and weak, and so dirty and doesn’t look young to me, but he has a sweet look on his eyes

Oh, his name? My boyfriend named him “Sancho”…. I don’t know why, but it just stuck so he’s our little Sancho now.

Maybe he doesn’t have a home, but he has now a little shelter here, with his very own food, clean water and a little cardboard bed on the washing machine to take naps and spend the night… and someone who gets worried whenever he doesn’t show (ME)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05317.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	887.2 KB 
ID:	54964

Name:	DSC05320.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	835.0 KB 
ID:	54965

Name:	DSC05318.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	896.3 KB 
ID:	54966

HI PT FRIENDS!!!!!

Name:	DSC05319.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	898.4 KB 
ID:	54967
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    astrid

I love the name! Hi Sancho! You are now a PT kitty so we get to see great pictures and hear wonderful stories. WELCOME TO PT!!!

...and I know you are smart by the new forever home you selected!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Sancho you are so handsome. You need to let Astrid pick you up. She can have you vetted and maybe you can have a forever home on the inside! Stay close to Astrid!

Astrid, thank you for caring for Sancho. I fed Callie outside for 2 months before deciding to bring her in. Hope he'll let you help him either be with you or with someone else, although he seems like he has already claimed your heart!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Hey Sancho welcome to PetTalk!! I hope you get less scared and let Astrid take care of you ... you know she wants to and ... you look like you need some loving.

Eve is the same with other cats - screams like they are trying to kill her. I hope Sophie gets more comfortable with Sancho - he might be a great brother for her.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Awwwwwwww!!!!!! Oh Sancho, welcome HOME! Please stay... You are safe now and loved forever!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sancho is a great name and he's adorable. Hopefully he'll become more comfortable with you so he'll at least let you pet him. Thank you for taking care of him.

Awww, Sancho does have a very sweet expression on his face. I'm sure he must think he's in heaven to have
    a nice, clean & dry place to sleep. (and food too)
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good for you! I bet Sancho thinks he's won the lottery--shelter, food, water--a safe place to stay. Thanks for the pics.

Hello Sancho!
    Never mind about Sophie, she will get used to you with time. She just isn't used to sharing her mom, lol.

Astrid, go slowly with him. Don't try to pick him up until you have been able to pet him. You can sit on the floor and get him to come next to you and pet him, but don't pick him up the first few times. And when you DO pick him up the first time, pick him up, talk to him and place him right back down. Slow steps. It is VERY hard to do, especially for folks like me with no patience and meaning no harm to the kitty, I feel sure they must know this, lol. Does he insist on going back outdoors, or do you just put him out again?

Hi, Sancho, sweet orange and white kitty! "Vive mejor" -- I hope your life will be much better now! Stay close to Sophie's house and her meowmie will help you

Edited to say - I just noticed that in the picture of him in his box, his paws are folded under him -- Cassie does that when everything is okay with her. And in another picture he has his tail wrapped round him, which I think also means all's well in his world, right? Hi, Sancho! And hello, sweet Sophie kitty! *kisses*
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 09-15-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Does he insist on going back outdoors, or do you just put him out again?
    He's always outdoors, the laundry area is open, it's in the back, next to the kitchen and it just has that white grill door.. he just has to jump a little wall from outside to get to my back yard and there he is on HIS new shelter..

I've never tried to pet him or touch him, because he's scared and I am the "mean witch" who used to scare him off some months ago, so whenever I see him I talk to him softly and tell him nice things to try to gain his confidence and I think it's working because he doesn't run away anymore when I go outside to give him food or water, he even falls into deep sleep when he's on the washing machine and he doesn't mind that I'm standing almost right next to him on the kitchen...

Also, being an outdoor kitty, he must have fleas or worms or something and I don't want to put my baby girl Sophie in danger, so I'll take it slowly with him
    astrid

Sancho (love the name!), please let the nice lady pet you and hold you. Nothing but good things will happen if you do.! She loves kitties very much. Just ask Sophie, when she isn't upset, that is.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

His sweet face looks so much like my RB Luke, it makes me tear up. I do hope he continues to warm up to you and learns how wonderful some pets and luvies would be.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Edited to say - I just noticed that in the picture of him in his box, his paws are folded under him -- Cassie does that when everything is okay with her. And in another picture he has his tail wrapped round him, which I think also means all's well in his world, right? Hi, Sancho! And hello, sweet Sophie kitty! *kisses*
    Wow! I didn't realize that! you're right! That means he's feeling more confident! OMG!
    You should see his face when I'm talking to him, he looks at me as if he's paying attention and understands that I'm not gonna hurt him
    All he needs is love.... and food!
    astrid

Hi Sanhco , you are quite the Creamsicle Cat , and we know that Sophie will be you amiga one day when she realizes that have a brother Cat will be a great advantage!!!
    We have sent you a parcel, and we hope that You and Sophie will share the Cat Toys.
    Welcome to Pet Talk Sancho!!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 11-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS