Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post

Good luck... and a side-note, drooling is often a sign of oral pain in cats.

:O That is crazy! Even canine 3-root teeth extractions we certainly don't charge anywhere near $100 per extraction!!! Or very often our cat FORL dental or greyhound dentals would cost over a thousand dollars!!!!!
I knew the drooling was an issue, which is why I picked him up in the first place, lol. And having just been through it with Willy, my vet charges $126 per tooth for extractions, up to the first 5, then it drops to $100 for the next 5. OK, back to Tommy:

Tommy saw the vet this morning. He had a shot of Convenia for antibiotics, and a shot of (I forget!) for inflammation. The vet said in this case (no roots, no bleeding) we were fine to wait till this morning. Tommy probably was not comfortable and was feeling it, but not too bad and both the shots will help him feel better. She expected to see a mouth full of tartar and plaque as that is normally the case when a tooth drops out -- but no, the rest of his teeth look good! So it is odd. He has a bit of tartar, nothing unusual for a 5 year old cat, and better than many.

My vet said / agreed with much of what I'd learned on here last night from many of you. It didn't need an ER trip; the canine is at least half up in the gum, and half showing; usually the tooth breaks off and because so much of it is under the gum, the vets have a time of it digging around to get the rest out so we were lucky it came out whole; and lucky he didn't swallow it, lol. And yes he DID save me money by having it drop out like this. So kudos to all who provided insight.

It sure was a shocker when that tooth dropped and hit the table last night, ha haa.

Thanks everyone!