Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you bathe your cat?

Pouncer gets a special medical bath on his boy bits -- but not a big dunk in water. He lays on the bed as I clean him. I used to bathe Allen in the shower fairly frequently because he was too fat to clean himself properly. All the others do a great job cleaning themselves.

Sherpa has a serious hariball issue, and he absolutely will NOT take Petromalt, so I do bathe him. It is actually easier to bathe him than to give him petromalt, the silly boy. Similarly, Sherpa is VERY good for blood draws and nail trims, but I cannot get a spot-on flea medication onto him. He freaks out and has bitten me quite badly over the issue.

Not even on a bet or dare. That's what groomers are for. Seriously, I value my life, my blood, and my skins.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)