Thread: The good guys thread

Hybrid View

On the way back from my interview I went to Burger King for lunch. Decided to eat in the car and listen to the radio. As I'm sitting there with the window rolled down, I see a gull about six feet from the driver's door, standing on the pavement, looking intently at me. So I wait a moment to see what he's going to do. He keeps looking. I remember a thread I read on PT that says not to feed bread to birds because it can obstruct their airway. I decide I'll toss him some of the lettuce from my chicken sandwich. I toss a couple of bits of lettuce out the window and he darts up and grabs them! Fella wants to share my lunch! I toss out a couple more and he ignores them. Now I guess he is waiting for the good stuff, so I pull out some of the soft center of the bun, break it up into tiny bits and toss a few out the window. Stinker snarfs them up so fast! And then he waits. "Got any more, lady?" So I gave him just a few more tiny ones from the little bit of the bread I had left. He wanted to share my lunch. Oh, how I wish I'd had a camera.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow....awesome, Elyse!

Well, my happy story might be a bit baby-ish or.....silly, but, anyway, today, one of the amazingest things happened to me...

At recess, I saw a girl eating a shawarma and then I really felt like eating one.
    This is what it looks like (Our school's don't look this amazing.. :P )

I went to the canteen and the line there was too long, so, I decided to come back later. After the juniors had left, I went back to the canteen. I asked the lady there if there was anything left other than chips and biscuits etc. and she said no. I kind of felt bad, but, I decided to buy a packet of Lays or something like that. I was about to ask her to give me some Lays, but, then the other canteen lady interrupted me. A shawarma had fallen on the ground (it didn't get dirty, it was wrapped up in wax paper ) and she asked the other lady to put it on the counter in case some student wanted to buy it. At first I thought I heard wrong. I thought she said something like some other student had to come and buy it. I asked the lady if I could buy it and she said something like of course and that'll be Rs.50. I counted the money in my hand and it was EXACTLY 50 ruppees. I didn't count my money before I left my house. I just grabbed all the small ruppee notes and turns out, I grabbed exactly 50 ruppees. I gave it to her and told her that that was what I had wanted to buy. The two ladies were pretty happy and said, "That's fate. Your name was written down on this shawarma." Meaning I was meant to buy it and eat it. And it tasted great!!

Anyway, I felt really really really happy after this. Felt like sharing it!

A few summers ago, a dog in Philadelphia was severely abused and tortured. Fortunately help came and he was taken to the emergency vet for treatment but he was in pretty bad shape. Chase Utley plays with the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team. When Chase heard about this, he stepped up and paid all of the vet bills so the dog could get the medical care and treatment he needed to make a full recovery. Chase and his wife even went to visit the dog while he was in the veterinary hospital.

Thank you, Chase Utley!!!!!! While I'm not a Phillies fan, I'll proudly wear your shirt to show my appreciation for all you did to help this beautiful dog recover and have the life he deserves. Bless you, Mr. Utley!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    THE TIRE HERO

On my way to church for a meeting, my car started to rattle. At a light the driver in the next lane told me I had a flat tire. He said he worked for a tire store a few blocks away, but I was late and decided I'd just deal with it later. When I finally pulled into the parking lot, the same guy from the other lane pulled up. He had followed me to make sure I was okay. Then, in the super-hot sun, he changed my tired with my SUV's jack and spare. When I offered to pay him, he refused, saying that he hoped someone would do the same for his wife.

Susan, Bellaire, Texas
    Last edited by kuhio98; 09-15-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

THE RAIN LADY

While walking home from the library with two young daughters, it suddenly started pouring. Our clothes were drenched, the stroller was heavy and I felt like we'd never make it back. Then a stranger stopped her car and handed us her umbrella. I was so grateful. That umbrella now sits in my car waiting for me to return the favor to someone else.

Amy
    Southport, North Carolina

THE TICKET UNDERWRITER

For years my friends and I went on an annual 3-day bike ride in California. A few years ago I was going through a divorce and I just couldn't afford the trip. Then one day a plane ticket arrived in the mail. A friend had paid for my flight. He knew I needed to get away from it all and be with everyone for the ride.

Karen
    Cortez, Colorado

Lisa i think YOU should consider yourself one of those good people, because i certainly do, you will always have a special place in my heart, and i am forever grateful to you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️