Thread: The good guys thread

Hybrid View

I hope you can see this slide show. I heard on our local news that Bentley was certified as the tallest therapy dog. He is 4'2" when standing on all four paws, but when he is standing up on his back legs he is over seven feet. Bentley, I love Great Danes so you can visit me any time!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...166163296.html
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The slide show worked fine for me!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The slide show worked fine for me!
    Me too. Great photos of sweet Bentley.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Pass It On

I was at Wal-Mart with my family and there was this older lady with a couple of kids. She had not been able to pay for all of her groceries. She was only behind by $10. When I saw that she couldn't afford her stuff I got out my wallet and gave her $10 for her to pay for herself and the kids. She began to tear up and she thanked me. Later, my grandmother went to the same place and she had her last $10 paid off, because the person that had already bought her groceries paid for it in advance.

These photos make me smile. What a patient pup! Somehow I don't think my kitties would be so accomodating.

A well-known and loved member of the reptile community fell over the 4th of July this year and is now paralyzed from the waist down. In an effort to help his family defray the massive costs of his initial and ongoing care, the entire reptile community banded together and raised thousands of dollars to help him out. Many breeders auctioned off valuable animals and donated the proceeds to his family. He's doing quite well, in large part thanks to all of the donatoins (and his incredibly supportive lady!)

‘Pour it forward’ stories of kindness from Canadian streets

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/pour-forward-stories-kindness-canadian-streets-204758922.html

‘Pour it forward’ stories of kindness from Canadian streets

Have you ever had a total stranger pay for your purchase before walking away? Turns out, many people placing orders across Canada have experienced this kind gesture. On Saturday, we ran a Maclean's story of drive through goers dabbling in the art of pouring it forward at Tim Hortons: Winnipeg motorists paying for lunch and coffee orders of the strangers lined up behind them. It may be spreading through the city now, but the tradition of "paying it forward" has been around for a while — for centuries, according to Maclean's.
    One Yahoo! Canada News reader explains the practice was popular at the Golden Gate Bridge toll booth in the '70s. And based on other responses, this trend's been rolling through our country for a while, too.

[ More Good News: Scott Sowle provides footwear for the homeless ]
    Suzzanne McDonald, from Guelph, Ont., wrote that she saw quite a few customers do so during her five-year stint at Tim Hortons.
    For the past eight Decembers, Ryan Berry's coworkers have been getting gift cards and using them to pay it forward for other people's orders at a coffee shop.
    "One of the best team building things we do in a year," he wrote on our Yahoo! Canada News Facebook page.
    It's refreshing to hear of such kindness, as news of online bullying and violence continues to spread. And some take this beyond paying for your donuts and bagels.
    "Doesn't only have to be Tim's. I've done it at the grocery store. The gesture makes you feel emotionally rich," posted Rosie on Yahoo! Canada News.
    "The first time it happened to me I was floored," stated Jeremy, who now returns the favour whenever he has spare change. He enjoys seeing the treated drivers of the cars behind him as they try to chase him down to see who he was.

Garry B had experienced this firsthand in a Toronto airport three weeks ago, when a woman grabbed his shirt and said: "I'll buy."
    "At first I thought it might be some trick to talk about my insurance needs," he wrote. "[But] It was just indeed a kind stranger."
    But the most touching story we've seen so far came from a man who had an oyster dinner with his wife to mark their fifth anniversary. When the couple asked for the bill, the two were told that a stranger sitting beside them paid it all, almost $300.
    "He had paid and left without saying a word," the commenter wrote.
    "Come to think of it, I've never returned that favor to anyone. I will very shortly."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda