Thread: Edge

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Turtske View Post
    Thank you all for your kind comments about my boy!! He truly is everything you all mentioned-and more!

This boy has weaseled his way into my heart so fast, and I could not imagine a day without him! It is crazy to me to think back to the first time I ever met him-it was 2 weeks after he was imported, and my trainer was having a rough time with him. We met in a dimly lit basement at my trainer's. I remember him leaning on me with his back turned to me. When I reached to pet him, a look came over his face like that of confusion-I don't believe he was ever gently petted or loved before. After working with him for a short time at the kennel, we realized he did not know how to play...so I brought down my other two dogs (Maya-6 yr old choc lab, and Bandit-1 yr hound mix). Bandit and Edge immediately became best friends, and Edge learned so much about being a dog from Bandit.

Fast forward to today-and you never would have known he was the same dog. He still is very nervous when he comes with to the kennel, so typically on my training days he stays home in the comfort of his crate, with his brother and sister. He enjoys romping around the yard everyday, and cuddling in bed at night. We did have to housebreak him-as he must have been a kennel dog and did not understand that it wasn't polite to lift your leg on things in the house lol. His house manners are improving, though he still has a few habits that we will continue to work through. Every night he falls asleep on the bed with me, then shortly after he jumps down and positions himself between my bed and the door.

It amazes me at how trusting he is after his unbearable past, but it just shows how amazing dogs truly are!
    Edge is very lucky to have found someone like you who is patient and understanding and willing to work with him. Not everyone would do that. He really is such a gorgeous dog!

Would love to see a video of Edge and Bandit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Edge is very lucky to have found someone like you who is patient and understanding and willing to work with him. Not everyone would do that. He really is such a gorgeous dog!

Would love to see a video of Edge and Bandit playing.
    Thank you!! Honestly though, I'm the lucky one in this relationship. I owe it to him to be the best owner i can for him, as he tries so hard to be the best dog he can be. He's come so far so fast, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

and I think i might have a video of them playing, but i know i have some pictures for sure. I'll see what I can do!
    Maya- Chocolate Labrador Retriever DOB: 6/30/2006
    Edge- German Import German Shepherd Dog DOB: 11/3/2009 DOTD: 9/5/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/September/05.html
    Bandit-Hound mix "DOB (approx)": 5/11/2011 DOTD:10/28/2012 http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2012/October/28.html

Diesel- DSH cat "Given" DOB: 11/9/2007

Nugget- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 5/6/2010

Milo- Maine Coon "Given" DOB: 3/1/2011

Batman- Black DSH cat "Given" DOB: 10/31/2011

"They go first so that we may follow safely"

Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:
    Rasty- Wolf/GSD mix
    Sam- Golden Retriever
    Turbo- Beagle Puppy
    Buddy-GSD mix