Thread: A few new photos of Niņo and Eliza

A few new photos of Niņo and Eliza

They are doing pretty well, although Niņo is starting to show his age. He will be thirteen this fall. It's been four years since he was DOTD!

I took him into work with me on my day off and had one of the assistants cut and dremmel his nails because he is still very sensitive about it and difficult to do at home. They are really deceiving. The kwiks are long they don't look like it. He's been bled almost every time by vets, no less, and on purpose. So finally at nearly thirteen he is learning that it doesn't hurt and isn't a big deal. It turns out he's pretty ok with it being done at the salon on a table! So I went ahead and painted them too. That was maybe three or four weeks ago.

Sporting a bow tie I made for him. My clients don't like it when I put bows on male dogs so I make bow ties.

A close up of his nails.

And then on Monday I took him in again to give him a bath so I took some veggie dye in too and did his tail. I meant to make it fade up to pink but I mixed too much doggie conditioner in with the middle purple so only really the pink and the full purple on the tip worked. I also gave him a little heart on his shoulder.

His tail is crooked. He broke it by trying to let him self out of the porch and getting it caught in a door when he was much younger.

Some of you may remember when he was all purple and then a year later all pink. That was, I think, 2006 and then 2007. When I told my mom I was going to dye his tail she said "He told me he doesn't like it!" and I said, "Remember how excited he got for the attention when we just put a tie on him? He loves it!" and so she agreed, he loves it.

And Eliza is a ham too. She loves wearing clothes.

And she's really cuddly too. Niņo prefers his personal space while he's sleeping, but E will come right over and flop on your lap. She is getting used to me holding her too. I can't believe she started out as a feral dog as part of a pack!

That's it for now. I am living at home again but my friend and I are looking at apartments in the area. We are only looking at places that allow at least small dogs, because I am planning on getting a small poodle or poodle mix, whatever's available at either of the two shelters I am looking at. I am a groomer and so I am looking forward to having a little dog I can have some fun with haircut wise. (And of course hair color if it's got light hair!)

Niņo & Eliza

Hi, Niņo and Eliza! Niņo, you look very handsome in your bow tie! And oh my goodness, your paw-dicure and your purple tail --- wowzers! I am so glad you got your nails done with no problem. You are such a hunky spotty guy! And Eliza, I love the picture of you sitting in the grass and looking up! You look like you're waiting for some petting and I'd be happy to give it to you! *petpetpetpetpet* -- some for Niņo too, please Happy THursday!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good to see Niņo and Eliza! Niņo sure looks good for his age! Eliza is a cutie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks! Eliza's general reaction to being approached to be pet by strangers is to freeze up and try to get away, or to bark and bounce.
    She even runs away from me sometimes when I go to pet her a certain way.

Niņo & Eliza

Aww, good to see them both! Glad the "old man" is doing well! It seems like yesterday he was Dog of the Day!
    I've Been Frosted

It was when I was the one semester I went to college and I remember when I checked my email and saw he was DOTD, I was glad I actually made it to college that day. (I often times slept right through all of my classes except for the one that was weekly for about three hours one evening. (That's the way I should do education, or one subject every day for about four hours for three weeks before switching subjects, summer school style)

Niņo & Eliza