Thread: I miss my Rascal

I miss my Rascal

Today is the one year anniversary of my losing my Rascal. Oh, how I do miss that cat. He was indeed a Rascal and I loved every single rascally thing that he did - but I never told him that.

I do know that I told him every day that I loved him - and I still do tell him that because I think about him every single day. He was very special and I am grateful that he wandered into my yard and chose me to live with.

They were special years that he shared with me and I feel blessed.

I send you kisses and hugs my special boy.

Dear Gini, deepest sympathy to you on this sad anniversary.

May your precious memories of Rascal and the love you and he share help bring you peace and comfort. He is with you always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Aww, we know he is still with you in spirit - and in the presence of some of the orange hairs woven through the fabric of your home!
    I've Been Frosted

He was a wonderful scamp of a boy! I am honored to have met him....a few tears and lots of smiles thinking of him.

And Rascal, despite having so many Awesome Angels Friends misses you too, and comes by to check up that you are all right.
    Rascal has found that special place where you will be reunited , and hopes that you adopt a Cat who would love that home and love that he enjoyed for years!!
    He wants you to know that you will meet again.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I understand and I'm sorry. I'm sure he knows he was loved... and still is.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Aww Gini - we miss them everyday, but anniversaries are even more difficult. Rascal sounds like my RB Sherbie - "the stray who came to stay", and he was somewhat of a rascal too. He has only been at RB for 2 months, but perhaps those 2 have crossed paths already.

{{{Hugs}}} going out to you. Smile and remember the good times you spent with Rascal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Big hugs to you Gini. Rascal would not want you to be sad only to remember how special he was and that he loved you unconditionally. He will always be with you in spirit and always in your heart.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Gini, I'm so glad I got meet Rascal, twice even. No wonder you miss him, he was so special.

Sending love and hugs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Gini, Rascal was one of the kitties I would have loved so much to have met. Sending all my sympathies to you- he and Tigris will be good friends at the bridge...

Gini, Yes he was such a wonderful cat. I'm so glad that I was able to meet him. I know exactly how you feel. I miss all of my RB kitties too. You will be reunited one fine day. Please take care. (((HUGS))) Today would've been my RB Sunny's 12th birthday if he was still here.

{{hugs}}

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to you, Gini.

I know exactly how you feel. After almost 8 years with Tubby and 6 years with Peanut (hard to believe its hat long already!) I still miss them both and think about them every single day.

All we can do is revel in the joy of having the pleasure of having them in our lives for as long as we did.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Sending you a big HUG!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thanks everyone. Pet Talk is so wonderful, because everyone immediately understands exactly what you are talking about when you describe your loss and sorrow.

Even though I have Annie and Emma living with me - and they knew and loved Rascal too - it just isn't the same. And that is as it should be - they are different and adorable and I love them too. It is hard to believe that they are ten years old.

Who put time on warp speed?
    Last edited by gini; 08-28-2012 at 03:14 PM.