Thread: Update on Dasher

Update on Dasher

Hi it is Jordan again and I wanted to update you all about Dasher. It turnes out that we arent going to take Dasher to the vet. My dad said that if we did we would probably have to make an extremely big decision that day even. He said to just wait and see if Dasher is in any pain at all, if he is then we will take him to the vet to get him checked out. Do you all think that is a good desiction i am very very confused right now so i really need yalls help!!!!
    doglvr233

What?! Uh can I ask how you can tell he is in pain? He might not show it, but he might still be hurting. Hmmm, what would I do....well your dad is probably a lot older and smarter than me so I cannot say nor correct his decision. Plus I could not understand what you meant. Well anyways hope Dasher gets better! Let us know if he does/does not go to the vet!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

If Dasher does Have hip displaysia, he's probably uncomfortable and should probably see a vet as soon as possible. I don't think that you would Have to make a big descision right there. Thats just my opinion. You could bring him in, see what the vet says and bring Dasher home and think about it at home. There are a lot of drugs that dogs can take to help them with hip displaysia you don't always have to Put them to sleep. It's just a lot of times people don't want to deal with it.

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

I agree!! This is usually not the type of condition that warrants an immediate life or death decision. It is more a matter of getting the diagnosis and deciding upon a course of treatment, usually one or two relatively inexpensive medications that can be purchased over the counter, limited, moderate exercise and comfortable bedding. The vet will be able to give you the names of the drugs and a dosage based on Dasher's weight. Even a daily "coated" aspirin would bring him some relief. Please ask your Dad to reconsider! This is a VERY treatable, quite common condition in larger breed dogs!!! Please let us know how Dasher is doing.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

i am so sorry yall are all correct. after reading those i called my dad it is so selfish of us to keep him in pain if he is in pain. knowing what is wrong dosnt mean we have to make an immediate desition it just means that we know whats wrong with him and what we have to be carefull about doing with him thank yall so much for helping me ill keep ya updated
    doglvr233