Thread: Pics of our summer so far

Pics of our summer so far

I thought I'd share a few pics of the dogs from this summer so far. I've been taking the girls hiking quite a bit. We discovered that poor Killer has bad knees. So these will be the last pics of Killer hiking he started having issues after the last hike. The vet said that the ligaments weren't ruptured or torn just sore so we've been taking it easy and I've been giving him glucosamine/chondroitin/omega 3's and he seems a lot better. For a while there he'd only walk a few feet then lay down he gets around just fine now except in the mornings, I have to help him stand up after he's been sleeping all night. Anyway, here's some pics from various hiking/camping trips.

Nebo makes really dorky faces sometimes

From a hike/get together for the local arctic breed rescue

I love my little family

We bought a new (to us) car, its a saturn wagon, took it on a road trip with all four dogs and went camping at a car show. Dogs did great they all fit fine even were able to lay down and sleep.

Also here is a pet portrait I did for the arctic rescue it's 18x24 in oil (attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tundra.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	872.7 KB 
ID:	54341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isis.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	54340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IsisTundrasmall.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	529.4 KB 
ID:	54339  

I love all of your photos!
    Looks like you're having a great summer, so far!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Wow, thanks for sharing! Your dogs are all so very good about posing for pictures, and Killer learned to do that too! It's too bad about his knees, but at least there's no permanent damage or anything, and you caught it before he toe anything. He'll have to be the one to guard the house, or the car when the rest of you hike, but I am sure he'll do a fine job!

Great job on the painting, gee, I wonder who you models could have been - NOT!

And it's funny how Killer almost looks small when grouped with the huskies, they are just so much fluffier than him! Give each one a kiss and/or belly rub from me, as is their preference!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

And it's funny how Killer almost looks small when grouped with the huskies, they are just so much fluffier than him! Give each one a kiss and/or belly rub from me, as is their preference!
    Yeah it's funny because he actually weighs more than any of them. He and Keva look about the same size/height but he's 70 lbs and she's 45 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    Yeah it's funny because he actually weighs more than any of them. He and Keva look about the same size/height but he's 70 lbs and she's 45 lbs.
    Well, we all know muscle weighs more than fluff, right Killer?
    I've Been Frosted

Great family pics Amy! Sorry to hear Killer has issues with his knees. I never thought he was that big either. I thought he weighed about 50#.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Great photos - love the scenery as well as seeing your pups. I am so glad you take the time to enjoy the area where you live. I'm always impressed when you get your pups together so close for group photos! Nice job, and those bandannas with the stars are great.

Killer and knees, aw, sorry to read about that. I am surprised he didn't have any anti inflammatory for a week to 10 days, when they were so sore he couldn't walk far. Anyway, that is past now from the sounds of it.

How old is he now?

Your portrait is amazing, I'm sure very much appreciated.

Great pictures, Amy! I really like the one of all of you. Really beautiful scenery and of course, HUSKIES as well. Killer looks extremely muscular in some of these pictures. I am so sorry to hear about his knees though, does this mean no more hiking, ever for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Killer and knees, aw, sorry to read about that. I am surprised he didn't have any anti inflammatory for a week to 10 days, when they were so sore he couldn't walk far. Anyway, that is past now from the sounds of it.

How old is he now?
    Actually he was on rimadyl for a week after I took him to the vet I don't know if thats anti inflammatory or just a pain reliever that was a while ago I forgot I had him on that. I still have some to give to him if he's really sore but he has been fine except for in the mornings. He is approximately 7 years old. I probably will not take him on any more hikes at least not for a long time. A walk in the mountains sure but most of the hikes I go on are steep and hard on the knees so I won't take him on any like that.

Wow! Beautiful dogs! Beautiful scenery! I enjoyed each and every photo. LIke your portraits also; you're very talented. Sorry Killer has bad knees; sounds like some people I know. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Aw I miss your pictures, Amy! Always such gorgeous scenery, and the cutest Huskies on earth I love the group shot with all of you.

The Huskies look so grown up... I remember when they were all little puppies!!! I hope Killer gets better, gluco/chond helps a lot.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Wow what amazing pictures!!! I really need to go to Utah and experience all of the beauty there! I'm sorry to hear about Killer's knees Poor guy! The Rimadyl should help- it's an anti-inflammatory as well as an analgesic. I hope he feels better soon so he can join you all on your adventures!