Thread: Gun control discussion

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by catlady1945 View Post
    "NEW YORK (Reuters) - Two people were killed and at least eight were wounded in a shooting outside the landmark Empire State Building in New York City on Friday, a New York police source said".

I guess the shooter wasn't aware that a pick-up truck is even more lethal.
    The sad part is all the wounded were apparently wounded by the bullets of police officers. We'll see, when it all is investigated fully, what the truth turns out to be.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The sad part is all the wounded were apparently wounded by the bullets of police officers. We'll see, when it all is investigated fully, what the truth turns out to be.
    Every time I hear some jamoke say, after the latest shooting..."if only someone in the school/classroom/hair salon/movie theater, etc. etc. had a gun!" Here we see trained professionals who create collateral damage. When will people understand it is not like the movies...a clean shot to the head of the bad man?????. No one else is hurt and everyone is back in the next episode without so much as a limp!!!

Woman Kills Husband Mistaking Him for Intruder

Opps! Don't you hate when that happens??

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-intruder?lite

If the woman isn't charged, I can picture where this going.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Opps! Don't you hate when that happens??

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-intruder?lite
    Don't blame this on the gun, she could have just as easily bashed his head in with a baseball bat or something!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Don't blame this on the gun, she could have just as easily bashed his head in with a baseball bat or something!
    But she didn't. She didn't keep a baseball bat beside the bed. She kept a gun. And killed him.

He might have survived a baseball bat.

What could have been has nothing to do with what is. She shot him...with a gun...and he is dead.

I do not blame it on the gun. it is the fault of the person who had the gun. I hope she will be held accountable.

Either way -though - blame her or the gun - her husband is no less dead.

Geez, and it wasn't even in the middle of the night or something. Seems a little fishy...I hope she gets some charges pressed too.

If it was intentional, she should be charged with manslaughter or murder (not sure of the necessary elements in the state). If it was accidental, she has a life sentence anyway. How very tragic.

It wasn't the gun's fault, of course, it was the fault of the untrained woman that held the gun. Like ES said, it is very possible he would have survived the baseball bat attack, or the pepper spray attack, a knife attack, or the alarm on the front door going off. Guns tend to make things so final.