Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
Hehe, that's definitely some kind of accomplishment! I am lucky if I get a bullseye once in any round! If you use a Compound Bow and you still suck does that count as cheating
Ha. Nope.

When I am gearing up for archery season (opens in late September, I start seriously shooting in late May) I shoot a dozen every day. I would shoot more, but my hunting bow draws at 68lbs so I don't want to wear my arm out too much. lol For me, the keys to accurate archery are 3 key points.

- Soft hands with your bow arm. Do not have too tight a grip. When you shoot the bow should naturally drop forward.

- Move your waist when making vertical aiming corrections, rather than moving your bow arm. You want your arms and head to be the same each time you shoot. This is especially true for tree stand type shooting. Being higher that your target changes the range you need to aim at. I need to get a range finder that takes angle into account.

- If you don't use one now, get a 'kisser button' on your string. That way you know that your form is correct each time you draw. A 'kisser' is a little piece on the string that you bring to the corner of your mouth when drawn and aiming.

Good luck!