Thread: Gun control discussion

Hybrid View

I do like guns - not love them.

I like to look at photos of them and if I get to see one in person? Good, Shoot one? Better.

---------

I don't hunt, but I love to target shoot. I find that the precision and challenge of TS to be a way to forget what bugs me.

When I cannot shoot live ammo? I have an Air Soft gun, a .22 cal pellet gun and a Nerf gun that use around the house.

I used to be able to use the suction tipped Nerf darts on my old TV, not so much on the big screen.

------

I don't 'pack/carry' and I don't fear anyone who does. To me a gun, any gun is a precision tool.

To me? It's not for shooting people or animals.

And while shooting a gun, and hitting what you aim at, isn't the necessary skill needed these days?

It's good to know that I can do it, with reasonable results, and I don't fear the idea, mechanics or the presence of a firearm.

-------------

Oh, BTW?

If you ever have been around a person with a GSW? You do have a heightened appreciation for gun safety and the rules for using and storing guns...

Totally out of this context, I was told by a friend years ago that if I (for example) was to carry any type of weapon to protect myself I had better be sure I knew how to use it.

RICHARD:
    And while shooting a gun, and hitting what you aim at, isn't the necessary skill needed these days?
    I can totally understand people wanting to get a gun to protect their family - but training in its use and SAFE STORAGE of same need to be part of the equation.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda