Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
There are many versions of "no trespassing" signs, and if the sign is clear, that carrying a weapon on your property will be considered unlawful trespassing, there's not much someone can do about it if you call the police and report them and bar them from your property.
But that is not the point. Someone can come in your home - such as a repairperson and you do not know if they have a concealed weapon or not. The person is not trespassing. Do I have to post a "gun-free zone" on the front door? Isn't it a bit unfair that the repairperson does not have to announce they have a gun but I have to announce I do not want guns in my house? So much for that "my home is my castle" thing! Perhaps require people with concealed weapons to wear a special patch?

Where did that stat come from? I find it difficult to believe, particularly as I have purchased firearms and know what one needs to do to legally acquire them.
An interview on the radio this morning with the director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

Kids who want to smoke smoke. it's a fact of life. If you can't even keep cigs out of the hands of kids, how effective is law enforcement going to be at another ban? Kids get booze, marijuana, ecstasy, ad nauseum, and they're all illegal already.
If that is the attitude - why have any laws? Let's throw all the laws out - because some people are going to break the law anyway! And then there is that was not my point. My point was about laws regarding WHERE you can smoke.