Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
Hear this all the time & wonder if people really believe what they are saying.A USA military could take down whole other Nations within days will be held in check by a group
of wannabe Rambos with their trusty "firearms". It's laughable. Evidently, repeating this phrase in every discussion about gun control, somehow makes them feel invincible.
Well, since we are talking about 'wannabe Rambos' let's talk about the "Stupid peaceniks", can we?

It's pretty insulting to be thought of as a 'wannabe Rambo' because I like to shoot a gun or want to own one.

That would be just like me saying that people who want green energy or drive hybrid cars are treehugging idiots.
Or that women who like cats are lonely and incapable of having a relationship with others, especially men.

---------------------

I haven't really read anything about people being Rambo or wanting to be Rambo - on this thread.

Of course, if I want to own a gun, bullets and want to target shoot on the weekends, that makes me a 'clear and present danger' to the people around me?

What an effing laugh.

I fear the idiots that drink and drive, talk on a cell phone, smoke cigarettes while driving -I fear people who smoke in bed, prepare my food or someone who decides that a nice biohazard in my water or air is the answer to THEIR problems?

----------------------

I do not think my guns are an extension of my penis, neither is my car, wallet or tax bracket.

I find the insinuation that I am a "rambo" because I like guns to be a direct reflection of the people who either do not like, trust or would not be able to handle a gun or the responsibilities of owning firearms.

If you don't like it or cannot handle it, suck it up.

My lifestyle choices shouldn't bother you - nor should my responsible ownership of any firearm.