Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
I just didn't find an implication to the OK City bombing, as a laughing matter. Must just be my stuffy old age speaking. The coffee mug references were just plain silly and it did lighten the "discussion" a bit too. Of course - JMHO.

ETA: My apology - and I stand corrected. A pick up truck was NOT used in the OK City bombing. So I guess the pick up truck reference was acceptable and funny afterall.
It was a Ryder box truck. I was working for Ryder at the time and was in the Kansas City office when the FBI came to look at the rental records. One of the reasons they were able to so quickly aprehend the bad guys was that Ryder has an identifying number put on many of the pieces of the truck - axles, engine block, etc. So when the truck blew up it was still possible to identify the truck and from there to who rented it.

My husband also worked for Ryder at the time. Shortly afterward he was on a plane wearing a shirt with the company logo on it. Another passenger lit into him...how could he wear that shirt! Yelling at him. Apparently being the employee of a company from which a terrorist rents a truck is shameful....