Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cats love pizza!

Cats love pizza!

I brought in a couple of Pizzas home for a weekend's change of menu. But as soon as my furkids found it, I had to squirt them away continually to keep them from totally devouring my meal. So, I had to ultimately share it with them, in order that I could eat it in peace. On the last bit of pizza, I had to eat it standing up and walking around the front room. They were climbing over each other and on me as well, in order to get a bite now and then. The worst one of the menanagerie was Nikolai. He would actually take his front paw and attempt to grab it out of my hands! And he didn't care if what he was grabbing with his claws was me or the pizza! When they did get a piece now and then, they would growl at each other to keep any cometition away. I had no idea that they were "crazy" to eat it. Has anyone out there had the same experience with their furkids and pizza?

......wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 11-19-2002 at 11:16 AM.

Cats that are close to humans seem to think that whatever their parents eat must be cat food as well. Whenever I eat something, Filou asks whether he can have it, especially if it is fat or meat: butter, tandoori chicken, pizza, full fat yoghurt. But he also tried avocados, mangoes, olives but not grapefruit. Ok I give him let's say half a gram or so -just because he asks so politely but if it's especially yummy (steak, fish) he also will try to steal his part (stolen food is special ).

I know what you mean, Cam will follow me all over the kitchen stretch up on his legs so that he can see what I have on the counter, and he will give the most questioning meow ever. I will sometimes give him a little of whatever I have, but he usually won't eat it, I guess he just wants to make sure he isn't missing out on something.

Hi Wayne,

Emily does exactly the same thing. She will sit and look at me with that "poor pitiful kitty" stare which means she thinks that I am starving her.

Anything that involves meat or dairy products (like pizza) we usually end up having a "discussion" about how she can not eat it at the same time I am still eating

Edwina has to smell anything I have....chocolate, wine, diet pepsi even! She rarely wants to taste but she must smell it before I eat/drink it. Perhaps she was a roayal food taster in a past life!

--||Zippo||--

Hum... That's never happened to me. But something like it. My cat goes CRAZY for coffee. It's funny when she drinks it but it's bad for her so I only let her drink it once in a while out of my cup. Also my dog does -2-. Thunder is the only one who doesn't. He's such a good boy!
    ~*~Zippo the cat who is the queen of the univers and all things that go WOOF!~*~

My one cat gets all my love... That's why she is self-ish and proud of it!

That's funny, Wayne.

Tubby loves pizza. 'Course I haven't found anything that Tubby doesn't love.

But I believe his pizza fetish started back when it was only me and him against the world. Friday night was pizza night. I would bring a pizza home after work with a movie. I'd put the movie in and start baking the pizza. When it was done, Tubby and I would have pizza while we finished the movie. I look back on it now and I miss those days of just me and Tubby.....sometimes.

Peanut is much more finicky than Tubby. She will sniff at whatever we give her, but not necessarily eat it. I did find out last night, though, that she likes key lime pie which kind of surprised me. Oh, and Tubby didn't like it, which was another total surprise.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I'm LOL at the image of Wayne having to eat standing up - I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often with 12 furkids in the house! As much as my kitty loves cheese (he's from Wisconsin, ya hey), he does not like pizza! I have offered him all kinds, since I kinda like pizza and I have several "dealers" in the area to give me my fix, but he's not interested. He was quite interested this morning in my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, but just the milk - he stood on the arm of the chair next to me and drank the milk while I ate the Cheerios. Come to think of it, that was the first time I've seen him drink milk in all the time I've had him! He also loves baked goods, like doughnuts and muffins - if I'm eating those, he'll come next to me and gently paw at my shoulder or arm until I give him a little bite. I know that look that Emily does - there's 3 of us in this house and kitty always takes the 4th chair at the dinner table, and then he cocks his head completely to the side and looks at our food with big round eyes.
    Most of the time he doesn't like what we're having, but he LUVS chicken and we indulge him with scraps (since it's high protein, low fat). I couldn't get this kitty fat if I tried - he has a naturally lean metabolism and he's SO picky.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Bastet does the Counter Reach to see if she can get anything off the counter. Its a great exercise - kind of like pilates for cats.
    Then if she can't get anything off the counter she does the pitiful meow and stare.

She loves pizza but only after I remove the vegetables. A word of warning, onion, capsicum, spicey food - such as jalopenos can cause jaundice in cats - very very bad for them. She licks it to death while purring. I think its the salt *laughs*.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Originally posted by BastetsMum
    jalopenos can cause jaundice in cats - very very bad for them.
    When Filou was a baby he one day ate a jalapeno. I had removed it from a Bolognese sauce and it was still on the kitchen counter. I think he just smelled the meat. I was afraid he would die because poor little Filou was breathing and panting, his small body was shaking and I had no idea what he had until I saw the jalapeno was gone. (And of course it happened rather late in the evening). After 2 hours it started to get better and he slept calmly and was ok then. Of course I am now much more careful but I hadn't dreamt that he would just eat something like that! He's a crazy little boy when it comes to food.

Pizza , did anyone say PIZZA ????

oh oh , my kitty-cats love to "steal" some . Maya jumps on the table , kicks whatever leftovers she can find on the ground , and a kitty party is starting ...

So the message here is : Lut , clear that table , before your cats can steal anything ...

Wayne I can relate you, mines like pizza too. When we have pizza we sure have a furryaudience. However five felines are easyer to deal with than twelve. And my boys are sooo well mannered, certainly they didn't learn it from me. LOL
    The other day we left the borders for them
    and they munched on very content like a was giving them the best of the goodies.
    They don't figth or hiss over ....they are so well mannered.

T&P Mom, this friday nigths souds familiar to me. It's the same we did with Koxka while we were alone. It was the time to feel free of duties, and dreaming how the week-end will turn out ..funny?boring?.
    And yes I also miss those days sometimes

My guys love pizza. I only give them the soft parts of the crust. Their favorite food is ice cream. Neko actually goes cross-eyed when he reaches for the spoon!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Of course they love pizza. It's flat lasagna.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

Nutmeg likes ALL people food.. she will bite my fingers if the piece I give her is too small!!!