Thread: SAFE now! - LONG ISLAND, NY: URGENT - cerebellar hypoplasia "wobbly" kitten in shelter -- will be PTS soon!

SAFE now! - LONG ISLAND, NY: URGENT - cerebellar hypoplasia "wobbly" kitten in shelter -- will be PTS soon!

CONTACT: [email protected] or 516-446-5653 (Stephanie) or 631-376-0402 (Irene)

Name:  cerabella2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  58.9 KB

Sent: Tue, Jul 3, 2012 7:18 pm
    Subject: urgent! LI, NY: cerebellar hypoplasia "wobbly" kitten in shelter -- will be PTS soon!

PLEASE - URGENT! A very good friend who traps and fosters for Little Shelter on Long Island, NY reached out to me about this kitten.....see below. She is otherwise healthy, very friendly, affectionate. Shelter is prepared to euthanize VERY SOON! Need a foster or better yet, a loving home for this sweet baby.

CONTACT: [email protected] or 516-446-5653 (Stephanie) or 631-376-0402 (Irene)

Kittens and cats with hypoplasia - live normal lives, are not in any pain, and are very often even more affectionate than most kitties. They just walk funny and sometimes fall over, but they don't know they are different. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Thank for you doing what you can to keep this kitten alive!!!!!!! PLEASE SHARE - ASAP!

Patty Burkhart

-----Original Message-----
    To: peetieb <[email protected]>
    Sent: Tue, Jul 3, 2012 6:43 pm
    Subject: cereabella kitten

Hi Patty-this is the only picture I have -but I can get more-She is a very sweet kitten that we rescued out of someone's yard, she's aboit 8 to 10 weeks old.We rescued her, her mom and her sister--They are all cerebella--but this poor girl is much worse than they are-She can't use her back legs, so scoots all over--she eats well and wants to play--but the shelter feels she will have no quality of life there--I can't bear the thought oh her being euthanized( I will take more pictures of her tomorrow--Thank You so much for trying to help this lil sweetie--TTYS!!
    Last edited by phesina; 07-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I contacted them regarding this little one and this is the message I received back:

The kitten is safe-she will not be PTS--There was a misunderstanding- Thank You so much for your concern-Still not sure where she will be placed--but it's being taken care of--Thanks so much

Thank you, Emily, for checking it out and posting this.

I heard back about this also and was going to post it but hadn't gotten to it yet.. Thank you for getting there and doing it.

GOD BLESS, AND LOVE TO YOU AND THESE KITTIES AND ALL WHO WORK SO HARD TO HELP THEM!!!!!

Pat (and cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery