Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello hello from Belgium

hello hello from Belgium

So i am new here ... I am a 52 years old woman living in a small tiny country as belgium.. i am married for about 30 years, having one daughter but she is out of the house... and pets yes i have a lot of pets... One dog, 3 cats, 2 saltwatertanks and some birds(canaries its hubby's hobby)...

First of all came (of the pets i have now).. our male cat keisha he is about 10 years old... after him i hd a dog (sheltie) but unfortunally i had to let him sleep in two weeks ago cause of cancer... as third came our female cat indy she is a chartreux of 4,5 years and she was found in our street.. after her came a blue british shorthair my sweet baby of 14 months .. she was only 7weeks when i got her.. her name is Teddy... and last but not least our new doggy Timmie.. a shihtzu x yorkshire terrier breed... let say a shorkie

Welcome to Pet TAlk! You sound like you will fit in well here!
    I've Been Frosted

Hello Miranda60 in Belgium,
    Is your name Miranda? just curious. Welcome to PetTalk. It's a great group and we sure do talk about our pets. I have pets as shown below. I look forward to seeing your posts and pics of your pets. Kay in North Carolina, USA

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Hello Miranda60 in Belgium,
    Is your name Miranda? just curious. Welcome to PetTalk. It's a great group and we sure do talk about our pets. I have pets as shown below. I look forward to seeing your posts and pics of your pets. Kay in North Carolina, USA
    indeed my real name is Miranda

our cats keisha, indy and teddy

keisha came as 7 weeks old kitten with us (I had a 8 years old sheltie that time) and became friends with our dog after one week and a half... Now he is big boss in the house... he is very sweet to all people or with other cats... (its not getting along most of the time with our new dog for the moment)

Indy is our eldest female cat .. she is a chartreux of 4,5 years old... I found her when she was about 6 months in our street... problably she was a runaway.. she was starving she had flees... now she is a sweetest cat who likes to go out at day and being at home at night.

so last but not least of our cats is Teddy... a british shorthair of 14 months .. i got her when she was 7 weeks old from a particulier breed... dad and mum were having a pedigree... her dad calls ch.mister Loup leroy ter wulvergracht a real bear

we had to put down our former sheltie xeno two weeks ago cause of cancer and other medical problems and at the same time we adopted a small guy calling Timmie (1,5 years old)... he is a rescued dog from spain...they found him on a beach of gibraltar starving ... searching... when they catched him they brought him to a deadshelter (shelters where they let those dogs starving to death if they are not rescued intime by certain organisations)... so he was one of the rescued ones.. he was adopted by people from the neatherlands but the small guy had a inflammation of his bladder so he peed a lot in their house ... they putted him away all day long in a cat cage in the bathroom.. pitty for the dog after 2 weeks his new owners dumpted him again by the rescueorganisation again.. they didn't wanted him anymore... He came from spain to the netherlands on 17 of june 2012 and begin march he was already in a intakeshelter of the organisation... so i knew my own dog would be gone and i was looking to some shelterdogs and suddenly i have seen Timmie's picture and fell inlove... nothing could stop to adopt him .. he is a sweet little guy, playfull, loving, sometimes bit naughty... but very lovely.. the only trouble i have at the moment with him .. the cats are afraid of him because he barks on them and they dont get along with timmie even he likes to kiss them from time to time...
    picture of march( recent from spain)

picture of may (intakeshelter)

picture end of june (after haircutting)

and the hobby i have .. my saltwatertank
    Last edited by Miranda60; 07-02-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Hey Miranda!!!!! How super to find you here!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy that you decided to join this wonderful forum too!!!
    I've been at your home many times, and I must say that you have such great pets!! I love Keisha, Indy and little Teddy a lot!!
    I'm so sorry you had to let go sweet Xeno, but now you have that gorgeous little Timmie!!! Timmie stole my heart from the first second!!!
    Welcome here my friend!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Welcome Miranda. My name is Ellie and I live in the U.S. in the small state of Delaware - right on the Atlantic Coast. I presently have the 2 dogs that you see in my siggy picture -- Sparky is a ShihTzu and Myndi is a Pomeranian and both are seniors and doing well for their age.

Love the pics of your crew - and especially Timmie of course. He looks just like a little terrier mix I had many years ago All of the PT community loves to see pictures of everyone's pets, so feel free to post as many and as often as you like. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Welcome to PT Miranda. I currently now have 11 cats. I look forward to reading and seeing more pictures of your pets. I'm sure you'll love it here.

Hello, Miranda and your pet family! Welcome to PT! Your kitties and Timmie are so sweet!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

ahhhhh Timmie is very sweet to us except to the cats .. but we will give it time .. we dont forget he is here only two weeks and never lived with a cat(s) before... he was only one year when he was found at that beach and they suspect he lived at a patio in spain never lived in anyones home... so further on he lived a while in a shelter and came half february to netherland where he lived between 13 dogs .So that little guy has to learn a lot..

*L* This morning his breathe was smelling to menthol ... i liked it the cats jumped the candybox on the ground and timmie eaten the candy ...

ps: is there a topic to post some pictures of yer pets?

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Welcome Miranda. My name is Ellie and I live in the U.S. in the small state of Delaware - right on the Atlantic Coast. I presently have the 2 dogs that you see in my siggy picture -- Sparky is a ShihTzu and Myndi is a Pomeranian and both are seniors and doing well for their age.

Love the pics of your crew - and especially Timmie of course. He looks just like a little terrier mix I had many years ago All of the PT community loves to see pictures of everyone's pets, so feel free to post as many and as often as you like. I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

hello Ellie.... yes you are right he is a mix yorkshire terrier infact he is a shorkie.. shihtzu x yorkie breed he is very small ... half the size of my male cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Hey Miranda!!!!! How super to find you here!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy that you decided to join this wonderful forum too!!!
    I've been at your home many times, and I must say that you have such great pets!! I love Keisha, Indy and little Teddy a lot!!
    I'm so sorry you had to let go sweet Xeno, but now you have that gorgeous little Timmie!!! Timmie stole my heart from the first second!!!
    Welcome here my friend!!
    hey hey hey ofcourse i wanted to join inhere... and yes guys maya's mommy doenst live that far from me ..about 10 minuts by car i do know her cats maya, inka, snoppy and zazou... i know her family like she knows mine aswel.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Miranda! You will love it here.

Pat and my 7 cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Miranda, and welcome to PT! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I'm another European, and I know Lut quite well. Look forward to hear more about your pets. I love your grey cat!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Welcome Miranda! I am 51, I have 2 dogs and a cat. I live in Northern California and I am a new grandmother to twins. I am sure you will fit right in here!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!