Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catsitting Bourgeoise

Catsitting Bourgeoise

She’s a little calico girl, under a year old and extremely active! Her name is Bourgeoise, but I call her Beaujolais because I couldn’t remember her name, let alone pronounce it.

It’s my sixth day with her, I have another 4 days, then 8 days off and again 25 days split in two periods. Glad it’s only 10 min away on a bike.

I usually bring my lunch - sandwiches, so I can spend more time with her. She is very curious to see what I have, so up on the table she jumps - I’m getting used to it. LOL! Today, she went a step further. While I went back to the kitchen to get some pepper, she started opening my lunch packet, and I tell you, she will eat anything! She even started drinking out of my cup. It doesn’t matter if it’s milk or elderberry juice, but coffee she lets me keep for myself. To distract her, I went and got a little bowl with water and milk in, and I was left in peace while she drank that, However, a few minutes later, she had her huge tail dipped in my cup.

I brought some of Fister’s toys that he is not playing with and in the past few days, she has thoroughly enjoyed them all, almost shredded and killed three mice. Gosh, the energy she has!

She really is fun, but I’ve never seen a cat as active as her.

Will try to get some pictures soon.
    Last edited by Randi; 07-05-2012 at 11:33 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Randi, she sounds wonderful! There's no question about it - the little ones have energy to spare. Your story about her going after your lunch brought back a memory about Groucho as a baby. I was getting my lunch together for work the next day and turned around to get something. Going back to lunch construction, Groucho was on the table with his head in the bag. The next day I had a lunch meeting at work. When I opened the bag there were 3 or 4 pieces of kitty kibble in with my stuff. My co-workers all commented on how sweet it was of him to share his food.

Sending lovies to Fister and the little one you're looking after
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

LOLOL! That is SO funny - and nice co-workers who understand such things. I can just imagine what people would say in certain companies.

I will deliver your kisses to Bourgeoise an Fister.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    LOLOL! That is SO funny - and nice co-workers who understand such things. I can just imagine what people would say in certain companies.

I will deliver your kisses to Bourgeoise an Fister.
    Where I work, we animal lovers are in a definite majority. We also have an animal friendly courtyard and frequently get some cute visitors. A year ago this past March, a mother cat gave birth to her 6 beautiful babies along a building in the courtyard. Two of my co-workers do animal rescue and they were right there to help mommycat and keep the babies safe. The kitty family was taken to Marci's house where they would be safe and warm while bonding then later were taken to the rescue Danni is connected with. All the babies and mommycat were adopted! Not much work got done that afternoon.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hmmmm, this sounds as if she was Kiri's long lost sister. Can't wait to see pictures

Bourgeoise sounds adorable, and you're clearly having a wonderful time and doing a wonderful job taking care of her, Randi.

Well done, Randi and Bourgeoise (and Fister too)!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That sounds as though Bourgeoise is quite a Kitten, and who knows , amybe she and Fister will hit it off and bring some spark to your Owesome Orange Man.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I’ve been visiting Bourgeoise for a month again, her family took a vacation. She’s a sweet girl, one year old and easy to look after. This time, I brought Fister’s PetMate, a piece of sisal carpet she used for scrathing, and a tunnel. What she loves the most, though, is to play with a string (two shoe laces tied together), small mice thrown in the air and to drink from the tap. She did eventually drink from the PetMate, but at first, she was a little hesitant, because of the slight noise it makes. She will let me brush and hold her, too.

Personally, I think they should get a sister to play with, since she’s bored being alone and the family are away several times a year. Perhaps next time they’re away for long, I’ll suggest I take her home.

Here are some pictures of her:

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    She is GORGEOUS!!!! I can imagine how soft that lovely fur feels. Give her some lovins from me please, Randi.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

She sure is gorgeous. I bet she does get very lonely being by herself for that long. Maybe the family will decide to get another cat.

What a gorgeous girl! And I like Beaujolais better than her actual name, too!
    I've Been Frosted

Ha Karen, that's actually what I've been calling her, since I'm not sure I can pronounce her name right (the family is French).

I'm doing what I can to convince her family to get a sister/brother for her. I spend about three hours with her every day. Will be cat-sitting again in October.

She is beautiful!
    Pet her for me... how nice that you're sharing toys with her.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

She looks like a Norwegian-ver y very pretty

What a beautiful girl!!! Please give dear Beaujolais some pets and skritchies from me.

I bet she's lonely, being alone so much when her people go away so often. What a good idea, for you to take her home, Randi!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery