saturday Lexie was due for her vaccination and yearly check up, i have been a bit worried about her as lately she is very lethargic and drinking more than i would like her to and her coat is not in that good condition.

My vet checked her teeth and was most impressed for a kitty coming up ten years old, lexie eats only biscuits as she is on a special vet diet for urinary stones as is Nikkita,so nice and easy they both eat the same, difference is Lexie crunches every single biscuit and never eats them whole, so i have to put her good teeth down to that.

Her coat has been quite oily and she suffers from what looks like dandruff,and it can become quite bad at times,however it is not an allergy problem, never scratches or irritates her.

Vet is a little concerned, he mentioned cushings disease, which is very rare in cats, and he has not seen a case in 18 years, so the likelihood of it being that is low, thank goodness, however i am more concerned with the prospects of diabetes, as i read online they also can have that skin condition with that, however on reading both symptons of cushings and diabetes i don't think Lexie has all of them, but maybe some, she has gained weight as well, she was 5.4 now 5.7, and i don't over feed her or nikki ,but unfortunately the biscuits they eat are high in fat, and do tend to make them fat, catch 22.

anyhow vet will get back to me later on in the week, we may have to get some blood tests done, and see what that shows.

PLEASE any prayers or good thoughts much appreciated, it has been a bad year for me, loosing my Ellie in Jan, and i just don't think i can bear any more bad news regarding my precious furbabies.

Thanks for listening.