Thread: Do we dare discuss the Supreme Court decision re: Healthcare

Hybrid View

BTW, as a political aside.....

Anyone who thinks Gov. Romney is going to repeal ACA needs to look at the man's history as governor.

First, this bill is largely based on the plan he enacted in Massachusetts.

Second, this is a man with no convictions whatsoever.

He was for health care reform, but now he's against something he fought for in MA?

He enthusiastically signed the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban, but now goes to the NRA convention as the keynote and speaks on second amendment rights?

His only conviction is that he belongs in the Oval office. Beyond that, the man has NO core beliefs.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    BTW, as a political aside.....

Anyone who thinks Gov. Romney is going to repeal ACA needs to look at the man's history as governor.

First, this bill is largely based on the plan he enacted in Massachusetts.

Second, this is a man with no convictions whatsoever.

He was for health care reform, but now he's against something he fought for in MA?

He enthusiastically signed the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban, but now goes to the NRA convention as the keynote and speaks on second amendment rights?

His only conviction is that he belongs in the Oval office. Beyond that, the man has NO core beliefs.
    Mexico has a new president.

I may move down there.

-----------------------

I spoke to a friend (Yes I have friends) that works at a large hospital, It rhymes with Best Wirginia and she's not really enthused about the new act.

(Do they call it an act because it has a certain pretend factor associated to it?)

I am all for EVERYONE HAVING insurance, but what bothers me is the cost to everyone.

If you drive a Cadillac and you buy the cheapest insurance to drive it around?

Great. But if you need to take it in for service and your insurance company says you have to go to a Yugo dealership to have the work done?

--------------------------

I had an accident on my motorcycle and the insurance company was adamant that I take it to the dealership where I purchased it.

I had to take my rice grinder to a Harley Davidson mechanic (The dealership was sold to an H-D group) and while they did a good job of fixing it?

When I showed up at the door, these guys didn't want to even touch the bike because it was Japanese. They also jacked up the price of the parts and labor.

The fix was more than the bike was worth.

-------------------------

Everyone should be able to go to the doctor and 'be fixed'.

The same people who really want this law/act/initiative enforced are the people who have insurance.

They are also the people who do not want to be tracked by their shopping cards, emails or the government.

Yet, it's OK for the government to tell others they must buy insurance and they will tell you what plans they will subsidise so you can be in accord with the law?

------------------------

Go check out what the prices are just to see a doc, then go to another and another.

Yugos, Volkswagons and Mercedes prices are what you are going to see.

Instead of setting guidlines against gouging the system and setting prices for basic services?

We get a totally screwed up law put into effect that people are already trying how to figure out how to scam it.

Look at Medicare fraud.

The FBI broke up a So Cal gang that scammed 100 MILLION dollars from the FED/MEDICARE system.

100 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the yearly amounts spent for healthcare.

But think of the lives that could be impacted by that amount of money.

-----------------------

Look past the "Affordable Health Care Insurance".

Why not "Affordable Health Care" or "Health Care Cost Initiative"?

You can get all the insurance, affordable insurance you want.

That does not guarantee you will get good care.

HC guarantees you will be seen or have access to a physician.

It does not mean he/she will be able or willing to give you the best possible care. Access to costly tests/exams are going to determine exactly how you are treated.

----------------------

It going to be a giant party where the word is going to be "Free Liquor".

People will flock and when they come inside they'll see that some people will get beer, the good stuff will be served in the back, where not all of us are welcome.

------------------------

The MIttster probably isn't the best bet for running the US, I'd much rather have someone with the idea or would try to reform the system first and not to try and push everyone into an elevator car that has strict load and occupancy limits.

It ain't going to work.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.