Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bottle bubs incoming!! *Pics added post 9*

Well done boys!! No matter what the age pooping's good !!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    They were born on June 21, right? So they are one week old today Would their mom-cat still be providing stimulation for them to pass urine and stool? I don't think it's crazy to keep tabs on what they put out. Since you're already measuring how much they take in and watching for growth. You'd be taking further action if they were not stooling, so I'll say it: Yay, kittens! You are eating and ... uhmmm ... pooping!
    I think the momcat continues to provide stimulation for a few weeks just to be safe. At least until they are up and moving well. You could always ask Briana since she has recent experience with this.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I keep stimulating my kittens until they're 4-ish weeks old or until it's clear that they don't need it anymore. I know they don't make much poop when they're on formula, but it had been days since we saw any from either one so we were getting concerned. Believe me, both me and the kittens are happier without any kitten enemas going on!

How are those adorable babies doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Any new photos?

Oooops, haven't taken photos in the last few days because we've run into some problems. We had allowed the boys to stay together because there had been no problem with them sucking on one another. Big mistake.

Sedge sucked on Juniper's eye in between feedings, so badly that it may have ruptured. We're not sure currently because it's massively swollen and oozing huge amounts of pus. He's on both an oral and a topical antibiotic and he's getting frequent hot compresses to his face to try and get as much of the pus out of the eye as we can. As the swelling goes down and the pus comes out we'll be able ot see if the eye is ruptured, and if not how badly damaged it is. I hate having them be alone so young, but this cannot happen again. Poor baby.

Major PT Prayers that Juniper's eye is ok! You'll be able to put them back together when they get a little older, I think.

HUGS! They are alive and thriving. Ya done good!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and healing energies that Juniper's eye will get better and the two will be able to get back together again before long. God bless you for taking care of these babies.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear about Juniper's eye. I sure hope that it'll be okay and that he won't have to lose it. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I also hope that both boys will continue to do well and thrive in your care.

Sorry to hear about Juniper and his eyes. Healing purrayers on the way!
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Good news! Juniper's eye was carefully opened (per the vet's advice, in order to get some answers) and it is NOT RUPTURED! The rest of teh pus has been drained, and he looks like he feels a million times better wihtout all that pressure on his eye.

Whew!!! I'm so glad to hear this wonderful news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    Good news! Juniper's eye was carefully opened (per the vet's advice, in order to get some answers) and it is NOT RUPTURED! The rest of teh pus has been drained, and he looks like he feels a million times better wihtout all that pressure on his eye.
    Fantastic! I love Good News!
    Anne

WONDERFUL! So glad to hear this!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Doin' the Happy Dance over this news! I am so glad Juniper's eye will be okay!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!