Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kylie

Kylie

I know that several of you have seen this on Facebook but several haven't.

My sweet Kylie went to the Bridge today. She would have been 12 next month.

She started some Vestibular Disease symptoms back in Jan but she just never got any better. Trips to the regular vet and holistic vet to no avail. She would would improve then go down hill. She couldn't stand very well, had trouble making the litter box, and wasn't walking very well. By Friday she started losing control of her bowels and I knew I had to make the decision. My best friend's husband is a Vet and I contacted them and they came to my house so that I wouldn't have to traumatize her with the car ride. Keegan was with us and we went out and sat under a tree in my yard. It was the first time I've ever had to euthanize an animal and I was so glad she went so easily.
    My parents came and picked her up and buried her in their yard.
    I will miss her little face so much but She wasn't really living at the end she was just existing and it wasn't fair to her.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh, dear Kylie
    Soft as a cloud of white fur you were
    Sweet as the sunshine from your golden eyes
    Long was the love you gave your dear momma
    And so many snuggles, and rumbling soft purrs
    Love you gave so long and
    Now that your struggles are over, love will still remain
    Woven into the fabric of the lives you touched
    Just as surely as the long white hairs will be woven into
    The fabric of your Mom's life for many year
    And love will even, somehow
    Outlast even them.

Send some purrs to her dreams so she'll know
    All is well again
    And you'll be waiting,
    Soft as a cloud and sweet as cotton candy
    To greet her at The Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen!

My deepest sympathy on your loss of your beloved Kylie.

Such love you and she have shared. Love is eternal, and you are together always. She waits for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am sorry for your loss of Kylie. She is now free of pain and waiting for you at the Bridge.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'm very sorry about Kylie. She's safe and happy at the Rainbow Bridge. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Staci, I am so sorry for your loss. Kylie was needed at RB, it was her time. I know how hard it was to make the decision, but you did the right thing. Hugs to you.

Staci I am so sad to hear about Kylie and understand how difficult this is for you. Kylie was such a beautiful soul.

Rest in peace dear little Kylie, pain-free and whole. Let your mommy know how much you love her.

Hugs, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Stacy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Kylie. It's so hard to say goodbye, but I believe you chose the right time to do so. Keep the good memories and know she is at peace at the RB, and meeting her old and new friends there.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries

dear kylie tribute. just because we love you

SWEET HONESTY
    Because of you there is sunshine,
    there are tears still
    where many tears have fallen
    There is love unbounded by desire of true
    love in my heart, mind soul and body.
    And all of this mixed together with laughter,
    joy and sunshine and rain which
    quenches the thirst, Please dont cry,
    it's just because I love you.

Staci, I am so sorry for your loss. Kylie was such a beautiful and elegant kitty. Kylie and Keegan seemed as much an "item" as Tasha and Tommy were in that one would always think/say their names in the same breath. I know Tommy will watch over her at the bridge, a big redheaded friend to welcome her in Heaven.

Much love to you,

Jess
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Staci, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to let a beloved pet go but you did the right thing and now she's pain free and healthy again playing at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Kylie. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Oh my gosh Staci I am so so sorry to hear about your sweet beloved Kylie kitty. I am just seeing this now. Major hugs to you, my friend.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I am in tears all over again, reliving the feeling of having to make that difficult (yet right) decision of letting your precious baby go. I've also only done this once, but I'm pretty sure it never gets any easier no matter how many times it happens.
    Hugs to you Staci!!

RIP Kylie
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you everyone - I kind of kept it quiet as to what was going on with her b/c we really didn't know what was going on.
    Its been an ongoing "battle" since about January when I noticed she was bobbing her head and turning her head to the side. Swaying. Having trouble jumping. I took her to the vet and a round of Pred and antibiotics improved her slightly. A trip to the Holistic vet - accupressure and laser treatment same - improved her slightly.
    She worsened and started really having trouble walking. She would fall over and just scoot around on her head like a wheelburrow. Kloe was picking on her. Another trip to regular vet and she improved dramatically. She started wanting to go outside. Wanting to drink from the sink again. She would go outside sit on the edge of my concrete and then when I would shake a treat bag she would come in just like Keegan does.
    Then slowly she started failing again. Pooping all thru the house.
    Thursday morning I found little piles of puke and poop all thru the house and she had poop stuck under her tail/rectal area. I bathed her she didn't fight me at all. Friday afternoon - happened again and this time she started leaking poop everywhere. Then I knew it was time. (She messed herself enough that I had given her 4 baths since Thursday morning by Friday night after work) I called my friend that is a Vet and they were coming over this way anyway for a soccer tourney for their son. I was thinking if I could have at all gotten Friday off maybe they could have come that night but I think then I would have regretted it and 2nd guessed myself that what if she would have gotten better. (she wouldn't have I don't think) So I know it was the right time. I cried all night Friday night at work. But by Saturday I was at peace with it. I cried of course and I'm sure I still will. But she was so ready. I shut her in my bathroom while I was at work and over night with food/water/blankets/bed/litterbox. She had a few accidents but I set her in her bed that night and I'm sure she never moved until I came in to get (checking on her several times) So when they came I just picked up her bed and carried her out in it - When he started the IV barely any blood came out of the end of it even tho he was in a good vein. I just don't think her blood was pumping which would explain why she couldn't walk/stand. At this point, we are sure it wasn't vestibular disease but I have no clue as to what it was. The vet said if it was a brain tumor it would have taken her back in Jan/Feb so I don't know. At this point I guess it doesn't matter. She is at peace. I don't have to see the look of confusion on her face now b/c her body wouldn't work.
    Keeg sat outside with us while we did it. Then after it was over came barging in b/n us and tried to roll on her. (EEK) I said you are lucky she is gone b/c you know she wouldn't have let you do that before! Keeg seems slightly more depressed than Kloe does which I expected.
    I think Kloe notices she is gone when I take Keeg with me places b/c then she is alone in the house.