Thread: Back from Disney Cruise.

Back from Disney Cruise.

We got home last night! It feels like we've been away a long time (almost 2 weeks total). We had a very good time. Laura would get ice cream twice a day. She's been asking for it now since we got off the ship (Mickey mouse ice cream bar). The servers would bring her one every night after dinner. I tried to explain that we got off the ship on Saturday that there are no more Mickey bars. Haha Also weren't swimming almost everyday. She loved that. I think she is allergic to the brand baby sunscreen we got. It gave her a rash. It's now going away. We all got a little sunburnt. Laura on her shoulders a little. She is now tan. Me on my back and Jeff on his head because he wouldn't wear the hat. I felt bad laura had pink shoulders. I have to find a different brand sunscreen. On the ship they offered you a discount if you book your next cruise. After talking about it a lot, we put 10% down for a future cruise. Hubby thinks we can go on another Disney cruise in about 2 years Yay maybe for cheaper than this year since we got a discount. Laura had so much fun. The shows were so good every night. The food was wonderful even on the pool deck buffet. I ate so much bresaola and parmigiano chunks. I took about 400 pictures and we bought some of the ones they took of us. The only complaint I have is the pictures. They charge 20$ for one picture. They take so many good ones it made me mad they charge so much. We bought 4 pictures and the commemorative leather binder with picture of the ship for 100$. UGH. One evening I sneaked in the picture area and got our picture binder and was taking pictures of the pictures but got caught. My bad! Ooh. I was able to get about 2 pictures before they saw me. The lady just said. I'm sorry that's not allowed. I played dumb and made believe I didn't speak English and said sorry then left. The kid areas were so nice. So much to do for everyone. We were on the ship a week and I didn't get a chance to see everything. The islands of st. Martin (dutch/french island) and st. Tomas (us virgin island), and castaway key (Disney island) were unbelievable. I think I liked castaway key the best. Looked like a paradise. Never seen anything so beautiful. They say it's part of the Bahamas but property of Disney. They have 20 permanent residents that live there to clean and get ready for when the ships go in. I know they must get homesick for the main land but it's just so peaceful there. I can't wait to go again in 2 years. I think we are going on the same ship but a different itinerary, including castaway key. We have a year to set the date. It was nice weather, warm but not too hot and not crowded because most kids are still in school. You couldn't feel we were on the ship but one night. I later found out it was because of a storm off the coast of Florida. But even then it wasn't bad at all. Hubby is the one that gets seasick but was fine the whole time. Laura got to see all the Disney characters. Her face was priceless when she saw Minnie. She was star struck. In total awe. Didn't want to let go of her. On our 10th wedding Anniversary, last thursday, we left L in the nursery. We had the best dinner at the specialty restaurant. You pay extra but only $20. I got calamari like you are supposed to eat them, light fry with no heavy breading, lobster pappardelle and chocolate souffle'. So delicious. I was a little worried about L but she was fine. When we went to get her she didn't want to leave. They did crafts and other fun things. Next time she will be too old for the nursery but will be able to go to the oceaneers club. They give them gps meters on their wrist to keep the whole trip. You check them in the club and can go do adult things for a few hours. They even feed them. I can probably write books about this week. It true what we heard that its the best vacation. I will post some pictures when I get a chance to upload and get them off my camera.

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see pics. If I had known about this trip I could have given you the info for the prepay photopass. It's $120 (i think thats the price now) for the cd inatead of $180 ( i think thats the full price for the cd) an you get every single photo they take .

We pre ordered our cd for our last trip and got over 600 photos lol

Oh no, they wanted $450 for the cd.

Eek maybe ita different for the cruise but i am pretty sure you can preorder for a fraction of the price . I will look for the link for you for future referene

There are some good unscented hypoallergenic sunscreens made for babies - which is what I have to use myself! And if it doesn't cause me - with absurdly sensitive skin - to itch, I'm betting it will be safe for Laura! If you want, I can dig it out and let you know what brand it is!

So glad you had a great time!
    I've Been Frosted

I have found the zinc oxide products work better on the young kids than the sunscreen type. And, I am a HUGE fan of the stick product for faces. I am always amazed at the people that put runny sunscreen on their children's faces, and then act shocked when it runs, and stings, the eyes! OUCH!