Thread: The mmmrrr-Sound

Hybrid View

Oh yes, I'm sure everyone's translation is right and it's a greeting sound, a happy sound... However, the one that sounds like a question always make me think it's the feline way of asking "what's up?", or something like that.

Candace, yes, I know what you mean re. blinking being the feline version of blowing kisses. I read somewhere it's their smile. My girls love doing that, it makes them happy when I'm blinking at them, and they would blink/smile back. It's very sweet actually.

Apropos of this, one of Oscar's nicknames is "Muttering Boy". He rarely actually MEOWS.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Maybe it's because he is in trouble a lot but sometimes when I say Chip, I get a sound like what? out of him.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can tell what Jax is doing by his meow (or sounds). I can tell he is chasing a bug, or wants in the closet, or wants me to turn on the water in the sink.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)