Thread: Dear Patch

Hybrid View

I wish I was fast enough with the camera at the time. I had discovered him. Lady was staring very intently at the door so I looked to see what she was looking at and there he was hanging from the middle part of the window pane looking very pathetic.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire

Now this is getting absolutely silly.

Patch, no matter how many times you jump up to the window of the door and look out hanging by your claws, you're NOT going outside.

No matter how pathetic you look at us after you fall down.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Oh, Patch! The world outside is simply not safe for fluffy bright-colored kitties! There's stuff out there that would eat you for lunch - never mind the cars that wouldn't see you in time to stop!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Cassie,
    Any helpful advice on training humans?

Thanks in advance,

Patch

Dear Patch,

I taught my food lady to give me a kitty treat on the kitchen rug. I stood there and looked at her with the "I'm hungry" look, and she just couldn't resist. Now I have her trained - if I go to that spot and meow, she knows to serve me a treat. I also taught her how to give me catnip or kitty grass when we had those growing on the windowsill. When she would water them, I would hop up on the chair next to the window and meow, so she would offer me catnip or kitty grass. Now, I hop up there and meow when I want her to give me dried catnip. Didn't take long to train her at all. I think the meowing has helped, but she definitely responds to the Look, too. Try them both and see what you think.

Purrs and head bumpies,
    Cassie

p.s., I used to be an outside kitty. Inside is much better.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

LOL I loved reading this thread, my first of the morning!

Patch, you just keep on being you, and don't worry about the humans, they will figure it out. Those pesky swallows, on the other hand . . . .

Cassie,

Thanks for the advice.

I've figured out, however, that waking them up at 4AM by walking on them is a very effective way to get them to fill the food bowl.

I've trained one of the short humans pretty well, he gives me treats all the time, but I just wish they'd let me outside. I don't care WHAT they say about Coyotes, I know I can handle myself. After all, did they forget how I got here?

I guess I'll just have to wait for winter so I can get back to mousing inside.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Dear Patch,

Darling...you must tell them if they REALLY love you and REALLY do not want you to go outside they must bring the outside to you. A couple of small rodents, two or three birds of the appropriate size would be a good start...

Edwina e/s

Dear Patch,
    I have an abundance of live treats to share, I'll get some on my afternoon romp today and send them right up! Would you prefer chipmunk, shrew, birdie, or a deer? Call me on the Catberry!

Purrs, Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Cassie,

Thanks for the advice.

I've figured out, however, that waking them up at 4AM by walking on them is a very effective way to get them to fill the food bowl.

I've trained one of the short humans pretty well, he gives me treats all the time, but I just wish they'd let me outside. I don't care WHAT they say about Coyotes, I know I can handle myself. After all, did they forget how I got here?

I guess I'll just have to wait for winter so I can get back to mousing inside.

Dear Patch -- Cassie here. That sounds like an excellent method of letting the humans know you need food! And having been an outside-only cat before I went to the shelter, I can tell you that inside is much better.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dearest Patch,

I know, you got irritated when we took away your last kill.

However, that was not reason to hide that where you did.

We have a portable heater in our living room that stays behind the loveseat out of the way when not in use. The loveseat gets moved for vacuuming, etc, but the heater just sits there.

I moved it the other day as it was cool enough to need heat, but not cold enough to turn on the furnace.

Under the heater was a very dead mouse. Don't know when he put it there, but obviously we need to keep a better eye on hidey holes.

Dear Patch, I love how you are pre-warming your dad's shirt and applying just the correct amount of your fur and scent

Well that was amusing.

Patch saw MJ and Angel go outside, then the boy got ready to go outside, and he got MAD!

Kitty swearing, running from window to window in the house, truly upset.

I don't care what kind of display you put on, you are NOT going outside.

Well that was amusing.

Patch saw MJ and Angel go outside, then the boy got ready to go outside, and he got MAD!

Hmm, maybe try him with a harness and leash? Some kitty are furious at first, but then "get" that the harness means outside time - whee!
    I've Been Frosted

Well that was amusing.

Dear Patch, maybe you need a catio?!