Backing up a bit, Wiggles died a few days ago. He was exposed to a URI from another kitten, caught it, and passed away despite receiving antibiotics and palliative treatment. That makes five foster kittens this year who I've lost, and I'm done fostering for awhile. I've had a hard time talking about it.

Kyubey's been a little sneezy and very tired for a few days, so I'm taking him in this afternoon. I was careful to keep the kittens away from my adult cats, but Kyubey has a knack for being where he shouldn't, and I did find him asleep next to the entrance of Wiggles' carrier a couple of times, so he was exposed to the infection. It was like he wanted to keep the little fellow company. Hopefully he kicks whatever this is quickly, but for my own peace of mind I want him to be checked out. It's so unlike him to be sleeping all the time! He hasn't even been waking me up at 3am by thundering up and down the stairs.

Sadly, I'm switching vets. I called my regular vet's office yesterday to schedule an appointment, and I was informed that their new doctor, Dr. D*****, would be in today. I used to work with Dr. D*****, and I DO NOT LIKE HER. Dr. D***** treated my sister in law so badly when THEY worked together that my sister eventually complained to their corporate office and Dr. D***** was fired from the practice. Dr. D***** also has eyes ONLY for her patients and has no empathy towards their owners at all. While I appreciate the drive to do what's best for your patients, their owners need to be treated respectfully also. I am very sad to hear that she's working for the clinic I've been loving and sending my customers to. Luckily for me, when I mentioned the situation to one of my regular customers she pointed me at her vet, who she was excited to say recently opened his own practice. She's been taking her dogs to him for almost 30 years! I looked him up, and his yelp reviews are nearly perfect and his new practice is less than a block from my house!