Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: I was in the Hospital - Now I'm Home!

Hey, Karen - Glad to hear you are on the mend. Loved the teddy bear!!! Enjoy the food rediscovery process B&L Mom2

Karen, sorry I didn't see this until now, it has been a busy week for me so I haven't had time to check in at Pet Talk for a few days.
    I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, glad to hear that it went well and that you are healing and that you should be able to enjoy eating a bigger variety of foods again.
    I love Stella, you should bring her up to visit her Vermont cousins at the factory and take a tour sometime.
    She is a Good Wishes Fairy Bear so she is a very special Bear, that was very nice of your client to send her to you.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat View Post
    Karen, sorry I didn't see this until now, it has been a busy week for me so I haven't had time to check in at Pet Talk for a few days.
    I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, glad to hear that it went well and that you are healing and that you should be able to enjoy eating a bigger variety of foods again.
    I love Stella, you should bring her up to visit her Vermont cousins at the factory and take a tour sometime.
    She is a Good Wishes Fairy Bear so she is a very special Bear, that was very nice of your client to send her to you.
    Thanks, Zoe! I actually have two other Vermont Teddy Bears, I'll have to take a group picture sometime. The other two were gifts back when I had my brain surgery, 16 1/2 years ago! But Miss Stella is the first girl, Herbert and Bill are definitely boy bears.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, how sweet! What a lovely, thoughtful gift.

Karen, we are all sending you continuing good wishes and healing energies and prayers. Now be good and get lots of rest! Soon you will be better than ever.

Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I've been bad and haven't been around lately Sorry I missed this, but glad to hear your home and doing well. Take care of yourself!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Final update on the matter. I saw the surgeon today, and all is well, I should be able to eat more foods now - I'll save you the boring details, and I can do whatever I want, all is healed by now, and away we go! I apparently had 40 - yes, forty - gall stones, etc, etc, so I am better off without the whole darned thing!
    I've Been Frosted

So good to hear you're feeling better and looking forward to a more interesting assortment of food stuffs. Stella is adorable - bet your boy bears will be on their best behaviour with Stella around !!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Final update on the matter. I saw the surgeon today, and all is well, I should be able to eat more foods now - I'll save you the boring details, and I can do whatever I want, all is healed by now, and away we go! I apparently had 40 - yes, forty - gall stones, etc, etc, so I am better off without the whole darned thing!
    40? Ouch. No wonder you felt bad at times. Hope you keep improving!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I'm glad that you're feeling much better and are all healed up. Now hopefully you'll be able to enjoy eating many more foods from now on.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Yikes!!! 40 stones??? I never did know how many I had - doc just sad "a lot"! A friend of mine was rushed into emergency surgery when her one stone perforated her gallbladder and nearly killed her. The doc saved it and gave it to her, and it was unreal! It was the size and shape of a large egg - and the pointy end was truly pointed - it was sharp enough that you could have actually cut yourself on it. I never saw the likes of anything like it!!!

Glad you're feeling better, and I know that you're thankful to be 40 stones lighter.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I asked my surgeon how big one's gall bladder normal is, anyway, as my uncle saved a gall stone of his that they removed and it was golfball sized. Normally, he said, gall bladders are about the size of a smallish pear, so that made sense. None of mine, thankfully were that big. Your friend should know she's rarity, as my surgeon said he has done hundreds of these surgeries, and only once has he encountered a perforated gall bladder in all those years. He said appendixes are much more likely to burst than gall bladders, thankfully!
    I've Been Frosted

Wonderful news.....

...glad all went well......

Thanks to PCB!