Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gorgeous Gizmo

What a great story you have Gizmo! You are one black beauty - just like your sister - and you deserve each scratch, treat and joyous run through the house you get, handsome! I too pray that you live long, warm, wonderful lives together with your awesome furparents. Congrats for being Our Cat of the Day!!!

Gizmo-COTD

Thanks for correcting that Karen!

And thank you all for your truly kind words! Gizmo IS a special little guy. When we first rescued him, we were so unsure of what would happen to him and how he would react to a totally new environment. The majority of advice I was given when we rescued him was negative...some of the staff at the hospital classified him as "feral" (which he probably was) and even recommended putting him down becasue he "could not be socialized". That made me furious and I knew he just needed a chance and just plain love.

It's been just over 1 year now since we were able to rescue him. We are able to pet him (if he's not looking...) and he eats treats from our hands but we are still not able to pick him up, which is fine with us! We are just happy to see him healthy and happy in our home! He may never be a "lap cat" but that's OK!

Right now, Gizmo is purring and taking a lazy nap on our bed with Sofi. He had a wonderful time as COTD!

Thanks again for all of your kind words!

Beautiful, beautiful Gizmo -- you have brightened my day, sweetie pie. Hope you have a marvelous time as our oh-so-precious cat of the day. You go ahead and show the world what a wonder you are, sweetheart!

Go Gizmo!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Gizmo AKA Animal Lovers

Thank goodness there are wonderful people out there who are full of love and compassion, especially for animals. Happy endings are the BEST! Thanks for sharing.

Gizmo was very brave to go into the cage and let his parents get medical treatment for him. I admire his parents so much for adopting two homeless kitties and giving them a safe, healthy, and happy home. Enjoy your day beautiful Gizmo. Share your treats with Sofi, you two are kindred spirits.

Originally posted by Dan Holder
    Imagine how happy this little guy is, now. He's one of those special pets that can't be bought or bred, they just have to find you, and you never have another like them.
    ABSOLUTELY!!!
    It's a heartwarming story, even though it's a little sad in the beginning. So nice to hear about the human parent's great attitude toward a "non lap" cat.
    Congratulations to Gizmo!
    I remember Sofi, one the most beautiful cats ever on COTD. Those great eyes and fur collar! how could anyone forget them?
    BLACK CATS RULE!