Thread: Just a little rant...

Just a little rant...

As you know, I took on the two feral kitties, in an effort to socialize them and find them homes. I took them into MY home temporarily, until they came around, with the understanding that when I was done, Nancy, who was the person who originally had them, would take them back and find them homes.

There is now a URI running rampant in my house that began with Utchie. I had a meltdown. 11 cats in a two room studio is overwhelming me. I called Nancy and told her I was taking her up on her offer to take the two babies back. She refused. I then called Betty, who offered to put her in her cattyshack. She came up with a MILLION excuses why she couldn't take her right now.

Keep in mind Nancy has a house with a full basement. Betty also has a house. I live in a measily little two room studio with very limited living space.

I haven't spoken to either one of them in days I'm so upset over this. I'm never offered cat food, cat litter...NOTHING. This is taking a financial toll on me.

I spoke with a rescue friend of mine about Lucy possibly going to live in a heated horse barn on my orthopedic surgeon's property in Simsbury. She told me that Lucy would probably run away if it's an established colony. I can't let that happen. My heart is breaking over this whole thing. I went out of my way to help these precious babies get somewhat of a normal home and now I'm stuck with them.

Yes, I said I was adopting Puff. At least with him, I can pick him up, cuddle, pet, etc. Lucy is just not happy. I even tried calling a friend who fosters and she's up to her you-know-what with kittens.

If I had known this was going to happen, I would've never brought them to my place. It was a hassle driving over to Nancy's every single day to handle them, cuz SHE sure as hell wasn't doing it.

One of my friend's said I should just take them to Nancy's and drop them off. I'm feeling SO guilty right now. I do love these precious creatures. Especially when Velicat climbs up on my shoulders wanting to snuggle.

Thanks for listening. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

No solution to offer, just sympathy.
    I've Been Frosted

Donna, I had no idea you were up to 11! YIKES!

I have no suggestions, either. Hugs and hang in there.

God bless you, Donna and all your 11.

I have no solutions either, just loads of love and sympathy and admiration and encouragement.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm sorry to hear about all of this. I also didn't realize that you now had 11 cats. I don't have any solutions either because I know it's already kitten season and it seems like every rescue group is probably at their limit. All I can offer is lots of prayers and positive thoughts. Please take care. (((HUGS)))